Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeep Fire / Recall L -05

Old 06-25-2011, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a post on this site under the special events section entitled:
"Make History With Jeep® & Enter to WIN a Prize!!"

Someone should submit photos of their Jeep that has burnt to the ground and see how they respond.

Thanks for helping Jeep...how are they helping people who who nearly lost their lives in their burning Heep?
Old 06-25-2011, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank God your wife is ok. I have two children that ride in my 08 auto also and now this has me wondering if they are safe or should I trade it in on a quality vehicle (Which we all know won't be a Chrysler!!!!)
Old 06-25-2011, 11:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get it replaced by Chrysler! The recall must have done something or a mechanic left a leak somewhere...
Old 06-25-2011, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by greenenvey
Mabey give all of us the dealership contact info and we can all call or email them and let them know how pissed we are about how they are treating you
Yea! I'd join in!
Old 06-25-2011, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

http://

http://

Mine. Shelter Insurance paid total loss under my comprehensive coverage. I didn't bother Chrysler with it as at the time I was unaware of the transmission faults.

IN the first video, you can hear a lot of ammo cooking off.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Get up on twitter and 'tweet' the video to Jeep. My little video of me going thru some water got retweeted by jeep, I'm sure if you post this up there then some people will comment.

Start a facebook page to highlight what happened here.

Start a facebook page for the dealership that screwed you and blast away.

Print out flyers that say "burning vehicles for sale at jo schmoe's jeep" with a phone number and a pic of your jeep.

You need to push this if you really want it. Goto more than 1 news station. We have 4 locally here and any of them would eat this case up, it's free viewers for them.

Pull out a full page ad in the paper with some truth on it.

Put an obituary ad in the paper and list the cause of death as a mechanic.

Post it up on craigslist.

You have some options here. Let the dealer try to burn me and I will let everyone know.

For sure I would go stand on their lot and show the video.......
Old 06-25-2011, 02:42 PM
JK Freak

Get you 100" screen play that video and put that burnt bitch in front of dealership with that video playing. It will get attention!
Old 06-25-2011, 02:58 PM
JK Super Freak

First, glad no one was hurt in the fire!

I got the same notice, but since my transmission lines are fine I haven't brought it in to have them replaced. Here's a summary:

CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION L05 TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER LINES

We are recommending the following improvements be performed on some 2008 and 2009 model year Jeep Wrangler vehicles equipped with a 3.8L engine and an automatic transmission.

Recommended Service:
The transmission cooler lines on your vehicle (VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) may weep transmission fluid at the hose-to-tube crimp joints.

What your dealer will do:
Chrysler will service your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor). To do this, your dealer will replace the transmission cooler lines. The work will take about one hour to complete. We recommend that you make an appointment with your dealer to minimize your inconvenience.

If you need help:
Please contact the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403.

It sure looks like the connections weren't tightened/seated/sealed properly, or the replacement hose(s) had a leak and ATF sprayed on the engine causing the fire. The hoses run on the driver’s side of the Jeep.

Last edited by joe002; 06-25-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:22 PM
JK Freak

That is horrible! Glad your wife was able to get out. Car fires do spread quick.

2 years ago I saw a small SUV ahead of me trailing smoke. I raced to catch up and by the time I did, they pulled over. I called 911 and reported it and then helped them get their camera equipment and camping stuff out of the rear. They were taking one thing at a time and walking it down the embankment. I jumped in back and literally threw everything out. In the 3 minutes I was in there, the cabin was completely full of smoke.

I gotta go back and finish reading your thread. That's BS that the dealership won't do anything. You've gotta try to get a lawyer.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do you still have the Jeep in your possession?

Park it - legally - outside the dealership with a big sign on it with the dealership performed the service. Watch the dealership owner, manager and everyone working there scrambling to get it removed. This is where the park it legally comes into play...

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Jeep Fire / Recall L -05