Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeep Fire / Recall L -05

Old 06-25-2011, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad your wife is ok, this is all bad and not good. Ride em hard and dont let up.........
Old 06-25-2011, 07:14 AM
Axe
JK Enthusiast

First off - glad everyone is ok.

Secondly - over at the Camaro forums, when people have service related issues, inevitably someone from Chevrolet chimes in with "contact me directly", etc., to try and get something resolved. Imagine that! It seems like they actually CARE. Here at the Jeep forums - Chrysler just pretends we dont exist. This whole auto tranny/fire thing is gonna bite them hard one day soon. The shame of it is they can step up to the plate now, or wait until it becomes a pr nightmare. Asshats.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

Glad your wife is ok!!!
Please let US KNOW HOW WE CAN HELP!!
Well call, harass....... Etc..
Old 06-25-2011, 07:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dsvictorious
Glad your wife is ok!!!
Please let US KNOW HOW WE CAN HELP!!
Well call, harass....... Etc..
for sure we'll help...give us the phone number...
we need the e-mail address...
i still think a petition with hundreds of names would rock some socks.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

Default Really, really sorry to hear this!

1) Glad to hear the family is safe and sound. As a parent, I cound not even imagine the thought of pulling out a child from a burning car, let alone 2 kids.

2) Sorry for the loss of a JK, and stress of the entire situation.

My question(s) is to anyone who reads this, not so much to the OP...Is this a common problem with the JKU?

If it is, is it because of an upgraded aftermarket part?

Is this problem only found in a certain year, or only with auto trans?

Im really considering not buying one if my family is at risk, any risk. $35K to play Russion Roulette?

The point of getting one was to spend quality time with the family in a safe manner. If I need something dangerous, I'd get the Harley I've always desired.

I'm still in-love with the JKU, but safety needs to be #1 with my family. Someone please advise...

And to the OP: I would find out who the tech was that performed the work on your jeep, and have him reported to the American Standards of Excellence Dept. Most mechanics that work in a dealership are ASE Certified and hold credentials that need to be renewed every 5 years or so.

I would also contact the better businees buraeu and make a complaint.

As for lawyers, contact your local University and search for the pre-law/law students.

These students are willing to work pro-bono just for the experience, and are fresh with knowledge. Pre law students are willing to take any case in the area of study to add something to a resume, in hopes to make it into a large firm.

Most Lawyers who are established will not take a case if they cannot gain profit. (Like any business) So they shy away if its just an ethics issue.

Anyways, sorry to ramble. Good luck. Please let us know if you went to Toyota. The FJ is second on my list.

Last edited by BONZAI; 06-25-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Really makes me pause for thought in purchasing a Jeep. I want to buy a new vehicle by the end of the year and really torn between going with a Jeep with MASSIVE reliability issues or going the import route and getting an FJ or Xterra. I'm a Jeep loyalist but will refuse to buy crap vehicles.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

The worst part about this is its happening on all year JK's. Mines an 07 and I had them replaced,they put the same shitty lines in again, and a month later they started leaking again.

If anyone from Jeep/Chrysler happens to read this(yeah right) your company sucks and you should be ashamed for who you work for. This will be my last Jeep because of shit like this.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

Got sick of the leaking line so I cut the hardlines off before the crimp an installed lock-tite lines an aeroquip fittings. Funny thing is the next time I went in for service at Metro in Johnston, RI. The JACKASS sales writer informed me that by doing that I voided my warranty. I told him to eat shit an thats the last they'd be seeing me, an that Id rather do the job correct then have a bunch of clueless trunk monkies work on my rig an fuck it up. Crapsler sucks an so does any1 who works for them!
Old 06-25-2011, 10:18 AM
JK Jedi

First off.....SO GLAD THE WIFE MADE IT OUT OK...!!!

I really like the idea of seeing what Eddie (wayoflife) thinks can be done using all of us on this forum. There are a lot of us and our position on this should stand for something. Somebody in the Chrysler world in a high enough position of power should have balls enough to do something about this. If that person can't be found, we, as lovers of the JK, need to let Chrysler know that until this fire bullshit gets resolved, (AND WE DON'T MEAN A FREEKIN IDOT LIGHT), that we are all going to go out of our way to tell everybody we know NOT TO BUY A JEEP...A POTENTIAL DEATH TRAP...!!! This is getting out of hand and something needs to be done. If this gets out nationally and if sales just stop on the JK, I think they might stop turning a blind eye to this. I think this forum is a great platform to really get something going. We have a voice and need to use it...!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

The squeaky wheel gets the grease...

Quick Reply: Jeep Fire / Recall L -05