Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeep Fire / Recall L -05

Old 06-25-2011, 05:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go out there and tell everyone walking on to the lot what happened to you
Old 06-25-2011, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Criminal

Ok, so the dealership does shoddy work which leads to your Jeep burning down and your wife barely escaping injury.
How did the dealership stop the news broadcast?
Maybe a sign vest infront of the dealer stating their shoddy work almost killed your wife? Make sure you do this on public property and look into a protesting permit.
Make your own news broadcast in front of the dealer. Ensure you state the dealerships name, and owner name, several times in the broadcast. Upload to You tube and post the link or directions to link here. I'm sure a few hundred of us would gladly watch to get your hit numbers rolling. Another recommendation; have your wife detail the event with another Jeep parked in the same place yours was. Blend in her testimony with your friends video of the Jeep burning.
Make this as embarrassing event as lawfully possible for the dealership. Find out who the dealership answers to. Get the names of the techs that worked on your Jeep, the tech supervisor, and anyone above him.

I know this sucks. And I'm sorry it happened to you and your family. But don't give up. Don't fade away quietly. There need to be consequences for the criminal actions of an organization. I'm glad your family is ok. I hope this somehow works out in your favor.

Cheers!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mabey give all of us the dealership contact info and we can all call or email them and let them know how pissed we are about how they are treating you
Old 06-25-2011, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by greenenvey
Mabey give all of us the dealership contact info and we can all call or email them and let them know how pissed we are about how they are treating you
I would be down for this! Get voicemail boxes full of messages. Call ask for service and tie their phone lines up all day asking about the fire.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Holt crap man! That's insane!! My buddies 2008 did that as well. He was eating at a restaurants as his jk was burning in the parking lot.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KillerJK
I'm off to work again, then shopping for a new ride. I'm thinking of walking into a Toyota dealership for the first time in my life. I'm a solid buy American guy, but the incident and the subsequent treatment from Chrysler & the dealer has shaken.

I don't blame you.. The new 4runners are sweet.. I totally understand how this incident would change a person.. Horrible customer service... Wow, just wow..
Glad everyone is ok..
Old 06-25-2011, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow. That's a nightmare scenario right there. Don't stop harassing Chrysler until it's right. Even if you've already got a new vehicle (non-Jeep). I'd even attempt some sort of a personal lawsuit on the tech that worked on your Jeep. I don't know if they're liable though. I think the dealership might cover their ass in the event of a personal lawsuit.

Either way, dig in brother. It may take years to resolve it but they stole something worth thousands from you, could have killed your family, and could have burned everything you own to the ground. Not to mention the emotional after effects of something like that on your wife.

Start a dialog with Chrysler corporate, put in complaints with every agency, regulating body, governing organization, and town counsel you can find on the dealer. Let Chrysler know that you are prepared to pursue a class action lawsuit because you know others that have had this problem happen without resolve as well. Put up warning flyers at every local speed shop/ 4WD shop, car wash, gas station, and convenience store in the area with pictures and contact info. Start a webpage with info on what happened and what Chrysler has not done. Don't forget YouTube.

Eventually it will catch and get big enough to prompt Chrysler to make it right. It takes a while to start a friction fire brother. That is essentially what you're trying to do. Irritate Chrysler for so long that they want you to go away. You'll never get anything from the dealer so don't waste your time. The only thing you can do is detour their sales by letting the public know about your story. Tell them about other Jeep dealerships to go to.

Like everyone on the forum, I feel for you man. Post on the site when you need some inspiration to keep up that fight. Don't let Chrysler laugh in your face.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:33 AM
Ape
JK Newbie

Dealers have insurance to cover such kind of loss. I am scratching my head as to why they would not take care of you. The negative press alone could be a PR disaster for them.
I'd post that video on every car, 4x4 site you can find on the net. Be specific as to the dealers name and location in your YouTube description.
Example: "This is what happened to my Jeep after it was repaired at _______ on June __, 2011, for a Chrysler recall."
Make sure said dealer also sees the YouTube video (send them the links to every website you posted).

Last edited by Ape; 06-25-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to hear this man. I think that this video has the potiental to go big on youtube. If you could show this to a local news station that would help bi time too. Start by sending the link to this video everywhere, then once you have a decent amount of views it will start to be on the side of everyones recommendations. Good luck and glad to hear everyone was safe.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad to hear your wife is okay. THere has to be something that can be done. This isnt the 1st JK I have seen on fire. If enough people can get together and fight Ford for bad tires, then we should be able to do the same for a Jeep that catches fire.

Quick Reply: Jeep Fire / Recall L -05