Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeep Fire / Recall L -05

Old 07-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Vic
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4
I won't say dealership name here in Scottsdale, but the service is sh$t there too. Hell, I've been waiting for 3 months on gas tank recall, and my passenger seat was all loose in the back and they wanted to charge me for a new front seat saying it's not under warranty. I ended up taking it apart myself and fixing. I think they are all idiots up there. The way I've been treated up there, this will be my only Jeep. When it finally takes a sh$t I will buy something that has nothing to do with Chrysler

Chrysler Corp office complaint center didn't call me back for a month on that seat! Thats bad business!
I had the same experince with a Scottdale dealer Wont mention name , but boy the are horrible they never re emburse me with money they needed to .
Old 07-07-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AgtSunshine
Th dealership in question posted this in response to the video being posted on their Facebook page before deleting the video.

"Olathe DCJ filed an insurance claim on the day of the incident. Chrysler sent out a special investigation team which ruled no fault. Olathe DCJ insurance has done the same. The customer's insurance stated that the dealer MAY be at fault. Both the customer and Olathe DCJ's insurance company plan to do a joint investigation/teardown in the near future. No time or date has been determined at this point. Olathe DCJ did offer the customer a 2011 Wrangler with an additional $2000. off of invoice in the spirit of customer satisfaction."
Don't you believe them! They never offered me $2K below invoice. The Gm said ' new Jeep @ invoice'. Check my earlier post.
They did file an ins claim, but we had to supply the docs their ins co needed to get started. One week after the fire and they were stalling by not providing their ins co with the needed docs. Now they & Chrysler are stalling the forensic tear down of my Jeep.
NO ONE there has offered any Customer Satisfaction!!! The GM pretty much told me to F*** myself. Customer Satisfaction, why did it take 13 days for him to call us? Must be business as usual there, putting lives at risk.

The weekend before, I had put 500 miles on the Jeep on a Boy Scout canoe trip with out any problems. I brought it in for an oil change and windshield replacement(2nd). I had no sign of leaks, they asked to do what they said was a "Recall". 5 miles after leaving the dealership - Fireball.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

Yep, they deleted my video... Figured they would, but it took them a while.

What TV channel did you talk to? I see they have channel 4 and 5 on there page... Maybe talk to channel 9 news.

Last edited by Norm; 07-07-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:18 PM
JK Newbie

I spoke with KCTV5, they were afraid to run the story. Maybe, I'll try CNN next
Old 07-08-2011, 04:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by KillerJK
I spoke with KCTV5, they were afraid to run the story. Maybe, I'll try CNN next
Do it!!
Old 07-08-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Newbie

49 days after the fire and I just now get a below invoice offer from the dealer.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Fuck that! Make it free for all the mental anguish and threat of death narrowly escaped.

I had a somewhat similar experience with a Grand Cherokee a few years back.... At 988 miles (less than 1000!) the steering column fell apart mid-turn! I luckily went right between two huge trees, off a 6ft bank into a decent sized creek. Turns out one of the bolts in the steering column was "forgotten" so they put a bolt in it, washed it and gave it back to me. Like I want to get in that death trap again!?!?!?!? I went back and forth with them for months over getting a new one in it's place. At first I insisted on a LIMITED for all my trouble but after a while I just wanted a new base model. No such luck! They gave me a "whore red" minivan to drive while we were in mitigation. Really? A single 20-something and you put them in a fucking minivan!?! Well I took this brand new minivan and I "fast-and-the-furiest'd" the shit out of it I took it 4wheeling, jumped it, had parties inside where we poured beer and cigarettes in it, numerous body fluids all over the place. When I finally gave in and went to pick up my GC I limped this ole piece of shit in. It was covered in mud, couldn't move without squeaking, REEKED inside and was beat all to shit- all with less than 5k on the clock. I threw them the keys and said "Thank GOD for that $9 insurance yall sold me!" I may not have come out any better, buy they sure as shit came out ALOT worse!
Old 07-08-2011, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TENNESSEE MAYHEM
Fuck that! Make it free for all the mental anguish and threat of death narrowly escaped.

I had a somewhat similar experience with a Grand Cherokee a few years back.... At 988 miles (less than 1000!) the steering column fell apart mid-turn! I luckily went right between two huge trees, off a 6ft bank into a decent sized creek. Turns out one of the bolts in the steering column was "forgotten" so they put a bolt in it, washed it and gave it back to me. Like I want to get in that death trap again!?!?!?!? I went back and forth with them for months over getting a new one in it's place. At first I insisted on a LIMITED for all my trouble but after a while I just wanted a new base model. No such luck! They gave me a "whore red" minivan to drive while we were in mitigation. Really? A single 20-something and you put them in a fucking minivan!?! Well I took this brand new minivan and I "fast-and-the-furiest'd" the shit out of it I took it 4wheeling, jumped it, had parties inside where we poured beer and cigarettes in it, numerous body fluids all over the place. When I finally gave in and went to pick up my GC I limped this ole piece of shit in. It was covered in mud, couldn't move without squeaking, REEKED inside and was beat all to shit- all with less than 5k on the clock. I threw them the keys and said "Thank GOD for that $9 insurance yall sold me!" I may not have come out any better, buy they sure as shit came out ALOT worse!
Badass! If I ever have an issue I'm doing this as well!
Old 07-08-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sucks man. I hope it all works out.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KillerJK
49 days after the fire and I just now get a below invoice offer from the dealer.
Anything since? I'm following this thread, in hopes you somehow get this worked out.

Quick Reply: Jeep Fire / Recall L -05