Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeep Fire / Recall L -05

Old 07-07-2011, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's hearing shit like this that has my mind made up, I will never buy another Jeep product. This is my first and last Jeep. Everytime I have to deal with Chrysler it's a pain in the ass. The warranty means nothing and halph the time they don't know what they are talking about. This is what motivated me to become a mechanic, I could not trust a dealer or car salesman. They want one thing, Your money! and if they have a chance to take it again for anothe car they will push for that to. Chrysler seems to = GREED!

I'm sorry this happend to you, I'm glad no one was burned or hurt. Again this just pisses me off!!! it's not even my problem and I don know you but the story still make me MaD!!! I know how it would impact me... not in a good way, I am almost 100% sure if i went through this expereince it would leed me to prison at some point
Old 07-07-2011, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

Jeep and Chrysler are total scumbags. If any other more reliable manufacturer made a vehicle like the JK I'm sure most of us would have been more than happy to buy from anybody else.
The dealership offering to sell another Jeep at invoice; FAIL! You can already buy a new Jeep at 1% below invoice using the Tread Lightly affiliate pricing.
OP; you have got to get an attorney to work on this. All the FB stuff is great but an attorney will get some results; your wife may have been emotionally scarred by this incident; she may never be able to work again; there should be some serious damages.
Keep this post alive until Heep makes it right.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:07 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by KillerJK
Hey that's great, but Chrysler has known about this since May 19. I haven't received a kind word or gesture. Not even some BS t-shirts (size XL) or a Spa day for my wife. I hope your cousin can get something rolling, but I won't hold my breath. I've spoken with my local rep and he can't do dick.
I have to say that in today's world if you do nothing....that's what you're going to get. I know it's a pain in the ass, but like what was said, most big companies won't do a thing till they are threatened. You'll have to hound them, or find the right lawyer for anything to get done.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Anyone know if this was fixed in the 2011's? Or, am I rolling the dice in the az heat with an auto transmission?
Thanks
Old 07-07-2011, 09:17 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Simmons_m
Anyone know if this was fixed in the 2011's? Or, am I rolling the dice in the az heat with an auto transmission?
Thanks
I haven't seen where the 2011 is designed differently.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

This thread has reminded me that I REALLY need to install that tranny cooler that's been sitting in my garage for the past 2 weeks
Old 07-07-2011, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

One week after the fire, I took a day off work to meet with attorneys. No lawyer would take our case because my wife wasn't injured. No money in it for them.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KillerJK

Hey that's great, but Chrysler has known about this since May 19. I haven't received a kind word or gesture. Not even some BS t-shirts (size XL) or a Spa day for my wife. I hope your cousin can get something rolling, but I won't hold my breath. I've spoken with my local rep and he can't do dick.
Yeah I showed it to about a week ago so hopefully he will get it rolling. Anyways, screw chrysler they need to handle your case better.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

Killer JK; I wish you the best; it sounds like you're being seriously screwed by Heep/ Chrysler/ Fiat.
I personally would hire an attorney. Attorney's may be declining to take your case on a percentage fee of any potential damages awarded to you by a court, but that doesn't mean you can't hire your own attorney.
I'm not telling you what to do; I'm not an attorney, but I don't believe in being screwed by a multi-billion dollar international corporation and take it sitting down; that's just me.
You might be able to take whatever Heep or your insurance is willing to pay, and then stiil sue Heep, either w/ an attorney or in small claims court; pain and suffering, mental anguish, lost benefits of not having the vehicle, cost of rental vehicles, whatever.
If your wife has been to a doctor over this that may be part of the evidence against Heep.
I personally would go after them and I'd find a local reporter willing to put the case on the air; radio, newspaper, internet, whatever; I'd keep after it, but again, that's just me.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

Th dealership in question posted this in response to the video being posted on their Facebook page before deleting the video.

"Olathe DCJ filed an insurance claim on the day of the incident. Chrysler sent out a special investigation team which ruled no fault. Olathe DCJ insurance has done the same. The customer's insurance stated that the dealer MAY be at fault. Both the customer and Olathe DCJ's insurance company plan to do a joint investigation/teardown in the near future. No time or date has been determined at this point. Olathe DCJ did offer the customer a 2011 Wrangler with an additional $2000. off of invoice in the spirit of customer satisfaction."

Quick Reply: Jeep Fire / Recall L -05