Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeep Fire / Recall L -05

Old 07-05-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. Totally uncalled for. Hope everything works out in the end.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:44 AM
JK Freak

Default Transmission Cooler Lines

SO, i have just recieved a letter from Chrylser stating, the warranty period on select 2008-2010 Jeep Wrangler, has been extended to 7 years or 70,000 miles, whichever occurs first. This extended warranty coverage applies to your transmission cooler lines. Then in bold half way through the letter it says If your vehicle is operating properly, there is nothing you are required to do.

How are we suppose to know it is operating properly if it is just a weeping fluid at the hose to the crimp joint.?????
Old 07-05-2011, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikey214
SO, i have just recieved a letter from Chrylser stating, the warranty period on select 2008-2010 Jeep Wrangler, has been extended to 7 years or 70,000 miles, whichever occurs first. This extended warranty coverage applies to your transmission cooler lines. Then in bold half way through the letter it says If your vehicle is operating properly, there is nothing you are required to do.

How are we suppose to know it is operating properly if it is just a weeping fluid at the hose to the crimp joint.?????
Run your finger all around the crimp on both lines. If you get red fluid on your finger, get the lines replaced. When mine were "weeping," after a few days I would check the lines and see a small drop of transmission fluid forming under the crimps.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by itasor

Run your finger all around the crimp on both lines. If you get red fluid on your finger, get the lines replaced. When mine were "weeping," after a few days I would check the lines and see a small drop of transmission fluid forming under the crimps.
Do you have any pics of the crimped portion of the lines?
Old 07-05-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by SLVR07
Do you have any pics of the crimped portion of the lines?
Old 07-05-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

My L05 recall is worded a little differently:

We are recommending the following improvements be performed on some 2008 and 2009 model year Jeep Wrangler vehicles equipped with a 3.8L engine and an automatic transmission.

Recommended Service:
The transmission cooler lines on your vehicle (VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) may weep transmission fluid at the hose-to-tube crimp joints.

What you should do:
Simply contact your Chrysler, Jeep, or Dodge dealer, at your convenience, to schedule a service appointment. Your dealer will collect the necessary information to ensure that the appropriate parts are available so your service can be completed in a timely manner. Although not required, we recommend bringing this letter with you to your dealer, when you bring your vehicle in for this service.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Jedi

Just looked at mine on my 07'......they're weeping.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

This inspired me to pick up an extinguisher today. I went with the Halgard. Has anyone used one before?
The 2.5 lbs version is a little big, but I am going to mount it using hose clamps to the rear part of the cage.
Now I'll need to train everyone on how to get to it quickly.
Good luck to the OP.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:16 AM
JK Newbie

Question... Did Jeep make a change on the 2011 brackets/pinch points? The setup looks the same as the pictures posted previously.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BigMAK1
I'm confused why the OP's insurance company didn't hand him the money for a new Jeep (or whatever vehicle he's going with) and then sue the dealer. That's what my insurance company would be doing... then when the dealer is getting certified letters from attorney's they suddenly become cooperative in my experience.

Something doesn't seem quite right with the story imo.
My insurance co made an offer within days. I waiting a month before taking the offer because I thought the dealer would Man Up & Do the Right Thing.
Why should this go on my Auto policy? It wasn't an accident.
What does seem right?
You think I'm making all this shit up?

Quick Reply: Jeep Fire / Recall L -05