Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeep Fire / Recall L -05

Old 06-29-2011, 08:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Note to self : DO NOT GET RECALL L -05 .....Sorry your Jeep burned down and that the company has been less than helpful. Thank goodness your family is safe.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PoorDad
Note to self : DO NOT GET RECALL L -05 .....Sorry your Jeep burned down and that the company has been less than helpful. Thank goodness your family is safe.
I got the L-05 recall done and I am ok so far. I think its better to not go to that dealership.

on a second note I think they changed the lines. I see the flexable part in the engine area right by the inlet to the cooler. but I do not see any other flexable part over the exhaust or axle. Im wondering if they removed it.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im sure insurance will take care of it but a good lawyer would go after the dealership. It would be one thing if they were accomadating and sympathetic to your situation but it sounds like they blew you off. I hate bs lawsuits but this is a case where someone should be held liable, if its not the dealership, then Jeep. It seem like a lot of these jeep have just gone up in flames so....
Old 06-30-2011, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
It has noting to do with loyalty, it's the way he (and others) have been treated....
My thoughts exactly. Chrysler should treat us like human beings and not just like unlimited credit cards. We pay good money for these vehicles and the customer service on their end is horrible and I'm willing to put money on the fact that if it doesnt change soon, people really are going to fade away from Chrysler. Maybe not Wrangler owners, but the majority of other Chrysler vehicle owners.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

My wife is a claims adjuster. I asked her and she said it will be covered by his insurance assuming he has comprehensive coverage. They will then go after the dealer (subrogation) and once they pay, he'll get his deductible back if the dealer is found at fault, which is the likely culprit.

My issue is that there are a lot of folks trashing Chrysler and Jeep in the process. Let's get real and realize this is a design/manufacturing flaw from a parts supplier that can happen to any company. They are human and make mistakes. Chrysler is trying to get the known models corrected via letters to the owners. They are at the mercy of the dealers to correctly install this. Tragic as this is, it is simply put...a dealer issue. A good dealer would have fixed it right and a good dealer would have backed the owner after the fire. These guys didn't. I just don't like Chrysler/Jeep getting thrown under the bus because of one bad dealer.

Very well said, but it was my Jeep. Chrysler has washed their hands of it. OK, bad dealer. The dealer is the face of their brand that we see in our local towns. If a dealer fails to be honorable, shouldn't the manufacturer step up.
I lost my Jeep. We were one block & 5 mins away from losing my wife & house. No one steps up, one says a kind word. We have been abandoned.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KillerJK
My wife is a claims adjuster. I asked her and she said it will be covered by his insurance assuming he has comprehensive coverage. They will then go after the dealer (subrogation) and once they pay, he'll get his deductible back if the dealer is found at fault, which is the likely culprit.

My issue is that there are a lot of folks trashing Chrysler and Jeep in the process. Let's get real and realize this is a design/manufacturing flaw from a parts supplier that can happen to any company. They are human and make mistakes. Chrysler is trying to get the known models corrected via letters to the owners. They are at the mercy of the dealers to correctly install this. Tragic as this is, it is simply put...a dealer issue. A good dealer would have fixed it right and a good dealer would have backed the owner after the fire. These guys didn't. I just don't like Chrysler/Jeep getting thrown under the bus because of one bad dealer.

Very well said, but it was my Jeep. Chrysler has washed their hands of it. OK, bad dealer. The dealer is the face of their brand that we see in our local towns. If a dealer fails to be honorable, shouldn't the manufacturer step up.
I lost my Jeep. We were one block & 5 mins away from losing my wife & house. No one steps up, one says a kind word. We have been abandoned.
....damn...so sorry...
Old 06-30-2011, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Very sorry to hear about the loss, but glad to hear everyone is ok.

Lets blanket the Olathe Jeep FB page. They are the main culprit in this. I have tried working with them in the past, they SUCK! The service department couldn't even help me when I was trying to buy a rear bump stop, the part people are idiots. I was at Overland Park Jeep for 30 seconds, ordered what I needed and was done.

"Like" them, then add comments or the video. I am sure they will delete it, so just keep adding it again and again.

If you need to download the video to repost it. "Right-click" "save as"
Watch_my_Jeep_JK_burn!!!.mp4

Last edited by Sharkey; 06-30-2011 at 12:40 PM. Reason: No links to dealerships please
Old 06-30-2011, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KillerJK
... one says a kind word. We have been abandoned.
Your back! When everyone blasted jeep on facebook, they said they were trying to contact you, while you were camping... what did they have to say? Anything new?
Old 06-30-2011, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

KillerJK we are all anxious to hear what Jeep had to say to you. After a couple of post of your YouTube video on the Jeep FB page someone wanted to talk to you. Please let us know no matter the outcome!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:57 PM
JK Freak

KillerJK I am so sorry to hear for your lose... This should have never happened in the first place let alone Chrysler LLC and the dealer not standing behind their product... If everyone takes your side on this eventually someone will care! So glad your family is safe and sound. This story definitely makes me glad I bought the manual and dont have trans cooler lines. After all is said and done and Jeep finally gives you a new one maybe you should look into getting a manual. I know itll change your mind cause its a blast, plus its a hell of a lot quicker than the auto. Please keep us informed of any further advances in your situation!

Take care!

Quick Reply: Jeep Fire / Recall L -05