Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeep Fire / Recall L -05

Old 06-29-2011, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarathesahara
How did you find out that yours was on this list?
They sent me a letter. It is not a recall, I looked up my VIN and there is no recall notice. The letter just states that the warranty is extended to 7 years or 70,000. It also came with a refund request, in case one fixed the problem already and was changed.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I received a letter from Chrysler yesterday abouth this issue (I have not read every post/page on this thread so I am not sure if any one else has received this letter). The letter is an extension of my warranty (for transmission cooler lines only) to 7 years or 70,000 miles. They also sent me a "Customer Reimbursement Claim Form" with it saying if I or any one else has paid for the work they will send reimbursement for the repairs. Like I said, not sure if this was posted by some one else, but thougt I would share.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Goeagles88
My wife is a claims adjuster. I asked her and she said it will be covered by his insurance assuming he has comprehensive coverage. They will then go after the dealer (subrogation) and once they pay, he'll get his deductible back if the dealer is found at fault, which is the likely culprit.

My issue is that there are a lot of folks trashing Chrysler and Jeep in the process. Let's get real and realize this is a design/manufacturing flaw from a parts supplier that can happen to any company. They are human and make mistakes. Chrysler is trying to get the known models corrected via letters to the owners. They are at the mercy of the dealers to correctly install this. Tragic as this is, it is simply put...a dealer issue. A good dealer would have fixed it right and a good dealer would have backed the owner after the fire. These guys didn't. I just don't like Chrysler/Jeep getting thrown under the bus because of one bad dealer.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's mine.

Nicely said.... Vehicle fires happen sometime for all kinds of reasons. It seems like most people think this Jeep is the first vehicle ever to burn. What happened to the brand loyalty that is talked about in countless other threads in this very forum??
Old 06-29-2011, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

How do I locate this? Can someone take a better picture?
If you have an auto, 2008 thru 2010, you just slide under your jeep, look for the rubber tube (from my pic). I it is above and slightly over the front diff on the driver side. I can not take a wider picture of the area. But, it is pretty easy to spot. There are two lines, one goes and the other returns. On mine, in my pic, only one is weeping. I have no drip spots on the driveway.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DJSJK50

If you have an auto, 2008 thru 2010, you just slide under your jeep, look for the rubber tube (from my pic). I it is above and slightly over the front diff on the driver side. I can not take a wider picture of the area. But, it is pretty easy to spot. There are two lines, one goes and the other returns. On mine, in my pic, only one is weeping. I have no drip spots on the driveway.
Could this not be replaced dyi style? Like putting in a metal connector instead of te rubber?
Old 06-29-2011, 03:47 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Could this not be replaced dyi style? Like putting in a metal connector instead of te rubber?
It can be replaced DIY, but you still need a section of flexible hose.
Also, the quick connections require a special tool, or some careful manipulation with a small flat screw driver.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

So if you have an auto 2008 - 2010 there is a possibility to have this problem ? How do you find out if it's leaking just going under the jeep and find out ?
Old 06-29-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey214
So if you have an auto 2008 - 2010 there is a possibility to have this problem ? How do you find out if it's leaking just going under the jeep and find out ?
Look at the rubber portion of cooler lines for evidence of oil/oily dirt. I'd look no matter what year the JK. They all have the same inferior crimped-on rubber lines.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ronjenx

Look at the rubber portion of cooler lines for evidence of oil/oily dirt. I'd look no matter what year the JK. They all have the same inferior crimped-on rubber lines.
Got a picture ? So I'm positive as of where to look ? I know a pic was posted earlier but it won't load for me , it's just blank
Old 06-29-2011, 08:01 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by bymoosek
Nicely said.... Vehicle fires happen sometime for all kinds of reasons. It seems like most people think this Jeep is the first vehicle ever to burn. What happened to the brand loyalty that is talked about in countless other threads in this very forum??
It has noting to do with loyalty, it's the way he (and others) have been treated....

Quick Reply: Jeep Fire / Recall L -05