Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeep Fire / Recall L -05

Old 06-28-2011, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear that we got their attention. I hope this goes in favor of the OP from here on. I wish the world was like this more often where enough people see some injustice happening and they all stand up and shout. Chrysler has heard our voices, does the U.S. Government have a FB page?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pjohn
I hope you guys aren't hurt things at this point. This has been brought to Jeep's attention and they want to speak to our friend now where they didn't before. It's one thing to get thier attention . . . . it's another thing to piss them off.

There are good dealerships and there are bad dealerships, there are good workers and bad workers in the crysler orginization. Hopefully the good decision makers wish to take a look at this problem now.
Better to complain now and to get them to do something than it is to wait until one of these fires kills someone. Im sure that it is only a matter of time until someone will be trapped and killed over cheap parts and their dismissals.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by EarlyJk
I keep calling him cupcake.... He gets so pissed. Lol
I just responded to him correcting his spelling and calling him "cupcake." I had to laugh
Old 06-28-2011, 04:05 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Pjohn
I hope you guys aren't hurt things at this point. This has been brought to Jeep's attention and they want to speak to our friend now where they didn't before. It's one thing to get thier attention . . . . it's another thing to piss them off.
A voice of reason...thank you. The interesting thing about about a mob mentality is that it becomes an animal which feeds itself with no regard to why the mob began in the first place. I suspect there is more to this story than any of us knows. Bringing the issue to the attention of those who will listen is one thing, acting like anyone here (including me for that matter) has the slightest clue what really happened to this Jeep (or as between the OP and the dealer) is quite another.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

My wife is a claims adjuster. I asked her and she said it will be covered by his insurance assuming he has comprehensive coverage. They will then go after the dealer (subrogation) and once they pay, he'll get his deductible back if the dealer is found at fault, which is the likely culprit.

My issue is that there are a lot of folks trashing Chrysler and Jeep in the process. Let's get real and realize this is a design/manufacturing flaw from a parts supplier that can happen to any company. They are human and make mistakes. Chrysler is trying to get the known models corrected via letters to the owners. They are at the mercy of the dealers to correctly install this. Tragic as this is, it is simply put...a dealer issue. A good dealer would have fixed it right and a good dealer would have backed the owner after the fire. These guys didn't. I just don't like Chrysler/Jeep getting thrown under the bus because of one bad dealer.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's mine.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Wierac21

I just responded to him correcting his spelling and calling him "cupcake." I had to laugh
Nice!! Im still all over him an renfrow. Read my Jeep Slogan post on the Jeep FB Page. My 2nd quote still cracks me up ( Yes, Im laughing at my own post ). Lol
Old 06-28-2011, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CajunJeeper
Is this fixed in newer models???
I am not sure how to answer that. As far as I know, the newer models would have the updated computer. If, that is a fix. All it is doing is telling you it over heated, but I don't think that is a fix the the problem.

As for the weeping trans connection, my letter said it is for 2008 thru 2010 select models, of which I am one.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dogshmog
Look up the trans cooler hard line install. I did it and never even had a second thought about trans temps in 110 degrees Texas heat.
Originally Posted by EarlyJk
I have a write-up with exact part #s an quanity used for cutting the crimp fittings off an running a B&M Tranny Cooler. Look it up it will never leak again.
I will have to look these up. My wife got me a trans cooler, but I don't remember the brand. I'm not very good with hard lines, I will have to look it up and see if I am able to do that.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Vic
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DJSJK50
I am not sure how to answer that. As far as I know, the newer models would have the updated computer. If, that is a fix. All it is doing is telling you it over heated, but I don't think that is a fix the the problem.

As for the weeping trans connection, my letter said it is for 2008 thru 2010 select models, of which I am one.
Man this worries me I have a 2010 model . The other day it would not rev over 2500 RPMs. Took to dealer couldnt answer me whe I said what was wrong and just said its all good now and we flashed you computer to new version

I hope Chrystler starts doing some thing better to fix this.

Poor guy I feel for him.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goeagles88
My wife is a claims adjuster. I asked her and she said it will be covered by his insurance assuming he has comprehensive coverage. They will then go after the dealer (subrogation) and once they pay, he'll get his deductible back if the dealer is found at fault, which is the likely culprit.

My issue is that there are a lot of folks trashing Chrysler and Jeep in the process. Let's get real and realize this is a design/manufacturing flaw from a parts supplier that can happen to any company. They are human and make mistakes. Chrysler is trying to get the known models corrected via letters to the owners. They are at the mercy of the dealers to correctly install this. Tragic as this is, it is simply put...a dealer issue. A good dealer would have fixed it right and a good dealer would have backed the owner after the fire. These guys didn't. I just don't like Chrysler/Jeep getting thrown under the bus because of one bad dealer.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's mine.
x2 The insurance company and the dealer will fight it out.

Quick Reply: Jeep Fire / Recall L -05