Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeep Fire / Recall L -05

Old 06-28-2011, 11:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerJK
I finally found a signal under a tree next to a big rock. I live in Overland Park, KS. The dealer is in a near by town that also starts with an O. Chrysler knows who I am since Chrysler Legal has already contacted me to say they are not involved. Thanks to everyone for all you done. I'll try to check back in soon.
Originally Posted by banx
Man, I have heard nothing but bad things regarding the dealer in the "O" town next to Overland Park, KS. Guess this confirms it. This sucks. I did not buy from them, I went with the other...so far so good. Hope everything goes well on this.
Yup. I know of that same "O" town dealership. (It would be a crazy coincidence if dealership name happened to be the town that is listed below my avatar to the left! ) That dealership SUUUUCKS. I have had nothing but bad experiences and rude, uncaring behavior from them. If I HAVE to go to a dealership, Overland Park Jeep is where I usually go.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Merlin4979

Yup. I know of that same "O" town dealership. (It would be a crazy coincidence if dealership name happened to be the town that is listed below my avatar to the left! ) That dealership SUUUUCKS. I have had nothing but bad experiences and rude, uncaring behavior from them. If I HAVE to go to a dealership, Overland Park Jeep is where I usually go.
I live by the airport and I've heard bad things about them.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
A quote from this dealership's site... "If you're looking for a quality new vehicle at a reasonable price, look no further than Ol@th3 Dodge Chrysler Jeep's selection of new vehicles."

Sad, just very sad
Old 06-28-2011, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ethconmeg
Oh
Look
At
The
Heat
Everywhere

:(
Duh... now I get it! Thanks...
Old 06-28-2011, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

So, on a side note. Do we have a picture of where the problem is at? I have an 08 and just out of warranty. Can we get/make a fix to the problem? I understand Chrysler should fix it, but i don want to wait until someone burns before they "think" abut fixing it.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, this makes up my mind... next jeep I get will be an unlimited... but it will be a TJ unlimited..

but it does frighten me a bit for my sister who has an 08 unlimited auto...
Old 06-28-2011, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is just more proof that I need to invest in a extinguisher and I guess a knife to cut the kids out, if need be. Now that I watch the video, I wonder if she would have even had time to use the extinguisher. Glad she's fine, but this just puts that extra scare in the back of my mind.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is this where the problem is? Where the rubber meets the metal tubes?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0052.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	176519
Old 06-28-2011, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

Sorry to see this happened to your Jeep brutha!

What year Jeeps have this recall? Is only the auto Tranny JK's?
Old 06-28-2011, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0052.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	176520

Is this where the problem is? Where the rubber meets the metal tube?

Quick Reply: Jeep Fire / Recall L -05