Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeep Fire / Recall L -05

Old 06-28-2011, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol I guess I started a FB revolution Good job guys!! Glad its working!! Keep posting it!! And stay on top of these guys!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

ok ok ok.. i know it was cold but:

Eli Trujillo:

A fire has broke out in the jemez mountains NM the fire has burn up wards of 50,000 acres and is currently a half mile from the town of Los alamos new mexico, pray for those who have had to evacuate and leave the homes and lives behind

56 minutes ago via iPhone · Like ·

JKhauler: was this due to a tranny cooler hose on a jk jeep?
2 seconds ago · Like
Write a comment...
Old 06-28-2011, 08:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Michiguy
I should let everyone know that after posting the video on Chrysler's facebook page, I have been contacted directly by them. Unfortunately they think it is my jeep, I need to get in contact with the OP. So if the OP sees this, please get ahold of me.
I did it also on the jeep page when the thread started. I think they took it down. Looks like after a couple reposts of the vid, they couldn't ignore it. Guess we know how to get their attention. Everyone go on jeeps FB and start asking when the diesel pickup is coming
Old 06-28-2011, 08:44 AM
JK Freak

Default It shows

It shows there is power in numbers but it is said it takes this kind of action to get a Company to do the right thing.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KillerJK
I've already been interviewed by a local news team. The dealer got word of it and stopped the broadcast.
I've been at this for a month - somebody give me something I haven't tried.
In all seriousness, call/write your elected rep and tell the story, mail all related paperwork, pictures (copies) to them and any state agencies that deal with autos/warranties, etc. A big feather in the cap, IMO, would be to get a list of others that have had the same thing happen.

I, too, will now second guess getting a 2012 if this is how Chrysler is doing business now, as well as being to friggen cheap to have a trans-cooler as OEM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default FB

Originally Posted by .45Hardboil
In all seriousness, call/write your elected rep and tell the story, mail all related paperwork, pictures (copies) to them and any state agencies that deal with autos/warranties, etc. A big feather in the cap, IMO, would be to get a list of others that have had the same thing happen.

I, too, will now second guess getting a 2012 if this is how Chrysler is doing business now, as well as being to friggen cheap to have a trans-cooler as OEM.
The burn video showed up on the Facebook Jeep Page and it drew a rapid response from "Jeep". Let us know what they say
Old 06-28-2011, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
I need the OP to contact me. Jeep has contacted me and wants his info and VIN.
Awesome dude! That's a start....hopefully.

CHRYSLER: WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT OUR FAMILIES' SAFETY BECAUSE OF YOUR BEAN-COUNTERS. BUILD THEM RIGHT AND BACK THEM UP OR YOU'RE GOING TO START LOSING FUTURE CUSTOMERS, SUCH AS MYSELF. MAYBE I'LL JUST KEEP MY TJ?
Old 06-28-2011, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KillerJK
I finally found a signal under a tree next to a big rock. I live in Overland Park, KS. The dealer is in a near by town that also starts with an O. Chrysler knows who I am since Chrysler Legal has already contacted me to say they are not involved. Thanks to everyone for all you done. I'll try to check back in soon.
Man, I have heard nothing but bad things regarding the dealer in the "O" town next to Overland Park, KS. Guess this confirms it. This sucks. I did not buy from them, I went with the other...so far so good. Hope everything goes well on this.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Looks like Twitter and FB are catching Jeep's attention. I posted this thread to Chrysler's Twitter and the next morning Chrysler, Fiat, and Dodge were following me. We got their attention now, but we can't let up until we get results!!
That's awesome. It would be great if something good came out of all of this!
Old 06-28-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JkHauler
ok ok ok.. i know it was cold but:

Eli Trujillo:

A fire has broke out in the jemez mountains NM the fire has burn up wards of 50,000 acres and is currently a half mile from the town of Los alamos new mexico, pray for those who have had to evacuate and leave the homes and lives behind

56 minutes ago via iPhone · Like ·

JKhauler: was this due to a tranny cooler hose on a jk jeep?
2 seconds ago · Like
Write a comment...
I totally laughed when I read that on the FB page...

Quick Reply: Jeep Fire / Recall L -05