Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeep Fire / Recall L -05

Old 06-27-2011, 12:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's something fishy about this ... did this JK come with a trans cooler from the factory? or was this an aftermarket trans cooler?

Why would Chrysler say this isn't a manufacturer problem?

I think we need more information on this issue...

Old 06-27-2011, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by m998dna
There's something fishy about this ... did this JK come with a trans cooler from the factory? or was this an aftermarket trans cooler?

I don't believe the OP had a tranny cooler...it's just something other people thought might have been a potential preventative solution (which may or may not have fixed this).
Old 06-27-2011, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

The dealer had just worked on the transmission line where the crimp was due to weeping lines. Trans cooler wouldn't have made a difference.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by KillerJK
That is what cause the incident. The work performed was on the trans lines to the cooler.
Originally Posted by TheCodeMonk
I don't believe the OP had a tranny cooler...it's just something other people thought might have been a potential preventative solution (which may or may not have fixed this).
That's what I thought until I read the quoted post (see above) from KillerJK ...

Old 06-27-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ethconmeg
The dealer had just worked on the transmission line where the crimp was due to weeping lines. Trans cooler wouldn't have made a difference.
Yea it appears that way .... however read the quote above.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

Yea it appears that way .... however read the quote above.

They worked on the stock cooler. Not an auxiliary cooler.
I took your question as an after market cooler.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ethconmeg
They worked on the stock cooler. Not an auxiliary cooler.
I took your question as an after market cooler.
Okay ... I have a factory auxiliary cooler on my XJ and the trans lines attached to that, they bypass the radiator.

I'm trying to picture how the trans lines sprayed ATF all over the manifold and started a fire... typically trans lines attach to the radiator or an auxiliary cooler. I'm not familiar with the JK, I'm getting ready to buy a 2012.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

the trans lines run along the frame rails which my under stand is that the leak/bad fitting was near the manifold
Old 06-27-2011, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

I'm under the impression that the recall is from leaks at the crimp where the rubber hose meets the hard pipe.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:59 PM
JK Freak

That would make sense then... they replaced the trans lines and something went wrong during installation. Assuming all were factory parts...

I'm kinda of struggling why Chrysler would just walk away.. and the dealer isn't mentioned anywhere within this thread.

I've been a Jeep owner for 20 years.. 1991 XJ and 2010 SRT8.

I've had one recent issue with a dealer and a *new* defective factory replacement part.. there's a lot of finger pointing going on between the dealers and the factory primarily due to poor workmanship and getting reimbursed for parts and services rendered.

I had to prove my case on a simple thing as a new serpentine belt being defective and making noise straight out-of-the-box...

When you've been in bankruptcy, all hell breaks loose with supplier quality. GM has had similar problems with parts and suppliers.

Thx

Quick Reply: Jeep Fire / Recall L -05