Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeep in a box

Old 03-09-2008, 05:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zerodown
Top left hand pic. "Jeep in a box"

Now it is easy to see why the MBs needed fold down windshields and removable tops.

Mike
Old 03-09-2008, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
I know where some are, and by "some" I mean multiple ones! Still in crates. He won't even talk about selling though.
A friend buys stuff from him all the time and told me about them. He has all kinds of mil. equipment.
I call BS on your friend. Multiple military vehicle societies have had bounties on these for years (I heard even offering as much as $50,000) to anyone that can prove that any still exist and no one has ever stepped up to the plate with current proof.

In response to the original post my only questions is, are batteries included?
Old 03-10-2008, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepinjason51
I wonder if there really are any of those laying around somewhere. Probably in that warehouse where the ark of the covenant is being stored.
I'm a Seabee in Gulfport, Mississippi and let me tell you back in 1993 or 94, somewhere around that time frame I was on a working party here on the base. In the warehouses where we keep all of are rolling stock type gear for wartime breakouts there were about 50...yes I said 50 old school type willys jeeps all crated up and stowed away on giant shelves. Absolutly rediculous. I couldn't believe my eyes. They're not there anymore, I heard they cut them in half and buried them somewhere with some BS story about flooding the market with antiques. Who knows, just thought I would contribute. Funny about the Ark of the Covenant though!

Cheers

Last edited by imacb278; 03-10-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Duke
I call BS on your friend. Multiple military vehicle societies have had bounties on these for years (I heard even offering as much as $50,000) to anyone that can prove that any still exist and no one has ever stepped up to the plate with current proof.

In response to the original post my only questions is, are batteries included?

Yeah, even though the guy who told me is honest and had no reason to lie, I'm skeptical 'till I lay my eyes on them. I'll see if he'll take me with him next time he makes a trip there. I'll try to get some "spy pics" with my phone cam.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerseyjk08
ohhh yeah.. its hard to see, but its there.. Thats how my jeep arrived.. haha
that IS how my jeep arrived........................63 years ago!

Last edited by ChevyM14; 03-11-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There was a 4X4 book I subscribed to about ten years ago that ran a story on some guy in the UK who had bought a large parcel of property. It had an old warehouse on it that was slam full of WWII Jeeps. They weren't in boxes. They were stacked on shelves all the way to the ceiling. I don't remember the name of the magazine, but it was a well documented story with a lot of pics, too.

Quick Reply: Jeep in a box