Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeep 5-tire Rotation

Old 10-06-2011, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Boxer

Thank you for posting this.

I'm already set on utilizing the five-tire rotation when I do my first oil change in... 800 miles.
No prob man!
Old 10-06-2011, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
The only problem I see with doing just the 4 tire is the spare is just sitting there wroughting away. You would have dry rought in the side walls before you probably could buy 3 new tires, then not to mention you would be using a worn out tire as a spare
I had this exact experience doing the 4 tire rotation. Went to buy new tires thinking I would only need to buy 4, and the spare sidewall was dry rotted and cracked!

Also, if the tire you replaced is destroyed, then the remaining tires are all evenly worn for the rest of the tire life. The question in this scenario is whether to rotate in the new tire which would replaced the destroyed tire. I would say yes, but only if the existing tires are in very new condition.

5 tire . . .
Old 10-06-2011, 01:18 PM
JK Junkie

I did 4 tire last set just did some quick reading up and am planning on doing 5 tire this time around.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:35 AM
JK Freak

i do the rearward cross

Old 10-07-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 09jaykay
i do the rearward cross

I use the G pattern...for me 5 tire rotation every 5000 miles or so!!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Klink75

I'm personaly a fan of the 5-tire rotation for the simple fact it is much easier for the DIY'er. By using the spare you can get by with only the OEM equipment your Jeep came with, since you only have to jack up one corner at a time & always have the next tire ready to go. Doing only rotating 4 means having at least 2 tires off at the same time. Plus, the Jeep spare is so much easier to get to than most vehicles.

Originally Posted by MountainDEW
I didn't even think of this. That's pretty cool for a DIY'er!

I just did my 1st rotation, all 5 tires, using only the OEM jack & lug wrench in under an hour. Could have done it quicker, but I spent a while staring at my suspention when the wheels were off, daydreaming of future upgrades and then washed the mud off of the rear of the rim going on the spare rack.

5 is definantly easier to do then 4
Old 11-04-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 09jaykay
i do the rearward cross

I do the same every 5000 miles
Old 11-04-2011, 03:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KY.
hmmmm im still a believer in the 4 tire. because if you bought 5 then only have to buy 3 new tires
Tires do have a shelf life , rubber starts breaking down with time and becomes very dangerous when it gets old.

I didnt even get to my first tire rotation with my JKU and went and replaced the tires with 35s
Old 11-05-2011, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

5 tire rotation here also. I see too many Jeeps with rusty rims on their spare tire.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:23 AM
JK Freak

I do the G pattern 5 tire rotation as well. I do it after an oil change. Makes things easier to know when I rotated them last.

Quick Reply: Jeep 5-tire Rotation