Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JCR + MileMarker

Old 07-15-2012, 05:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default JCR + MileMarker

I installed my winch this weekend. Its a Milemarker SEC8 Scout mounted to a JCR Dagger stubby with vertical hoop. I really like the way the front of my JK came together. Its just how I pictured it. I have a couple of notes on the install of this combo for anyone thinking of going this route.

1. The winch wouldn't fit out of the box. The solenoid made contact with the hoop. Not a problem with the forward hoop I'd guess, but with the vertical
hoop be warned that the winch of your choice may not fit out of the box. I had to redrill the solenoid bracket and make two small brackets for the rear
mounting studs. Not too big of a deal but it set me back some on the install.

2. The positive and negative cables (especially the positive) were just long enough to reach the battery. Theres not much room for error when routing.

3. The winch hook was a pain in the a$$ to get through the aluminum fairlead. It will go but you have to position it a certain way. Don't resort to beating
the crap out of it with a soft hammer like I did...it didn't help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 025.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	341495   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 030.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	341496   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 031.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	341497   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 027.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	341498  
Old 07-15-2012, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up

Looks pretty doggone good. That winch should be able to muscle your Jeep out of a real mess.

Handy things, winches.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good!! Glad you were able to get it installed!!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a lot of issues with my JCR Offroad bumpers, poor fit / construction on their end. Glad you muscled through it!. Looks good!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Jeep looks good now all you need is some new shoes
Old 07-16-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Tripp
I had a lot of issues with my JCR Offroad bumpers, poor fit / construction on their end. Glad you muscled through it!. Looks good!
I had no issues with the JCR bumper. The craftsmanship is excellent and so was the fit. The only "problem" I had with the bumper install was the foglights. I had to drill the holes in the factory foglight brackets one size larger than what the directions called for. I really had no issues with the winch either...just the compatability between the two, which was an easy fix.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Briguy114
Jeep looks good now all you need is some new shoes
Definitely, new shoes are next on the list. I just figured I'd get a little wear out of these while I took care of some other things first. Now alls I have to do is decide on 16s or 17s. I kind of like the look of the factory steel wheels with a larger more aggressive tire but I also have some factory 17 inch takeoffs which I might go with.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did 17's on 33's. It performs well, but i really want 37's now! (Not really street legal in PA unless I find some super wide fenders)

Quick Reply: JCR + MileMarker