Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

It's very stock but...

Old 03-24-2008, 05:44 PM
Jeb
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's very stock but...

I love it. I finally got a little mud on my Jeep when my girlfriend and I headed up to Readesboro, VT for Easter weekend. (I've had her for about a week- the Jeep. The girl has been around longer.) Offroading was a little tough, because there was deep snow (over a foot) in most of the places that would have made for some introductory spots for this noob. I did drive her into the beginning of a snowmobile trail, and ehem,... got stuck (all ice underneath, and the wheels just wouldn't catch, no matter what I did.) I walked about a mile to get a shovel (lesson learned- bring a shovel). Regardless, I couldn't be happier about it. Although my girl was frustrated, I loved the entire day- even getting stuck. It was awesome.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:49 PM
JK Jedi Master

Nice, but it looks very cold.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Jeb
JK Enthusiast

By the way- I bought these wheels from a fellow Jeeper in MA for $350 (w/ brand new rubber)... They aren't the Cragars I want, but they are a lot better than the steelies that my rig came with, I think. My questions: Did I get a good deal? - and - what are they commonly called?
Old 03-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Jeb
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robar
Nice, but it looks very cold.

It looks freezing, but it was actually beautiful. Probably high 40's. For the Southerners, I know that's cold, but I thought it was awesome. There was ice on every branch of every tree. It looked awesome.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tires Tires Tires

If you plan on staying stock for while you may consider buying a set of Rubi tires in the for sale section.

But i guess since the snow is almost over.........

Glad you had fun.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Jeb
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wiredawg_mg
Tires Tires Tires

If you plan on staying stock for while you may consider buying a set of Rubi tires in the for sale section.

But i guess since the snow is almost over.........

Glad you had fun.

Thanks. I can't wait to get some real tires on there. I've been looking on the "For Sale" threads, but haven't seen any tires that are in my area, and folks don't seem too keen on shipping the heavy items.

I'm traveling a ton this Summer, but I plan on getting some nerf bars, tires and stubifying the bumper when I'm back for a while. Thanks for checking out the pics.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:22 PM
JK Jedi

Looking good!
Old 03-24-2008, 07:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what kind of wheels did you have on it before? the ones like mine? i'm not the happiest with mine..wish i had the moab ones but oh well i'm saving up for enduro's and BFG 35''s then no snow/mud/anything will slow me down but nice Jeep i like that one good choice
Old 03-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Jeb
JK Enthusiast

Yeah- I had the same ones you had, Yamaha. The "new" ones aren't totally different. A little bigger. I still have no idea what they are referred to.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very nice !

Quick Reply: It's very stock but...