Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

It's Officially 3.5 inches Taller!

Old 10-22-2010, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's Officially 3.5 inches Taller!

My Rough country Lift Kit has been installed! I gotta tell you, I really do like the way that it came out. She rides better than the factory Sahara ride, and I thought that the "Sahara Ride", was pretty smooth. Plenty of clearance on all parts including the drive shaft, and break lines, not hitting or rubbing on anything. Of course she won't be flexed, except for on the beach, and maybe in the snow (lol), but for a FREE lift kit, (I won it from Jeeperz Creeperz.com), I was not about to turn it away~

Okay folks, now the REAL fun begins. I'm looking for an AT tire, with the white lettering (yes, I like the way it looks), and a very easy to care for wheel. I wanted the XD Enduros, but the Hubs is afraid that polish will get stuck in the crevices on the side rim, when polished.
AND of course, the BIGGEST question looms: 33's or 35's? I found out today from DC that, my gears are 4.10 but, I am really worried about getting in and out of the jeep. She's pretty high right now, and thankfully I have side steps, but I just don't know. Oh, and if it helps,,,I'm looking to drop from a 18 to a 17" wheel. I have been hearing (and reading) really good things about the Bridgestone Revo II's, anybody running these?

In the meantime, here are the lift picts:

BEFORE:

DURING (Front done):

AFTER:

CLOSER:

SIDE ANGLE:

I really couldn't be happier with the look and feel! Can't WAIT for the tires, because then she will be DONE (isn't that what we ALL say,,,until another cool gadget comes out, that we MUST have on the rig). BTW: thanks to everybody that helped out in the past post in getting started. Now, onto the tire suggestions! Remember AT's no MT's please.

Thanks!
JJG
Old 10-22-2010, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Very nice .... How is the rear driveshaft looking ???
Old 10-22-2010, 04:57 PM
JK Super Freak

i have a friend with the goodyear duratrac tires and he really liked them. they wear good and have great snow and offroad traction as well. its all opinion but for a at tire i was really impressed. your jeep looks good with the new lift.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would suggest BFG All-Terrains because they are impossible to kill, and have great traction for an a/t.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

Default fine,,,

Originally Posted by dmhines
Very nice .... How is the rear driveshaft looking ???
it looks great, not even close to a problem that we can see. I will I post pictures of it tomorrow. Because I actually took a before picture as well, but was pretty much brain fried today, and forgot, by the time we got done! It was windy and cold here in NJ today. So, that added to the install headaches.

JJG
Old 10-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

I know I've already told you on Facebook.... but looking good
Old 10-22-2010, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Default wink, wink, nudge, nudge,,,,

Originally Posted by serveapurpose
I know I've already told you on Facebook.... but looking good
now that I know who you are, it's like Halloween on this forum, I don't know anybody, but I know EVERYBODY on FB!
Old 10-22-2010, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks really good. But I put a 3.25 on my 4-door by rough country and it gave me the death wobble so bad that I couldn't even steer I had to stop completely so I ripped it off and went to skyjacker.. Needless to say it was a little bit more expensive but I thought rough country was smooth but skyjacker is even smoother. But still looks great! And I hope yours isn't defected!
Old 10-22-2010, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CDN-JK
I would suggest BFG All-Terrains because they are impossible to kill, and have great traction for an a/t.
I'd agree here. It's what I run on mine.

Your ride looks nice!
Old 10-22-2010, 07:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lookin' fancy

As for a good All Terrain, Nitto Terra's are a great tire, as well as BFG KO's, and the Duratrac is one of the most aggressive all terrains out there. And since you've got 4.10's i would say go with 35's and a programmer to set your speedo and wala! then you're really done except for a new tire cover!

The KMC Enduro's have been great wheels for me. They stay clean and when they're dirty they clean up nicely too. If you're really worried about the crevices, then i'd get a powerball (small) for a drill and clean them with that. Then it's quick and painless, but it'd always be painless anyway.

Quick Reply: It's Officially 3.5 inches Taller!