Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Its finally here

Old 04-07-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah the mount looks kind of like a clamp for a bicycle horn or somthing.. how did you extend the wiring? just cut and splice in more wire?
i am getting mine put on thrusday... and i am pretty excited.
what size lok fits in the tire part and the handle that opens the swing? does that make sense?
thanks alot.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smbundy13
yeah the mount looks kind of like a clamp for a bicycle horn or somthing.. how did you extend the wiring? just cut and splice in more wire?
i am getting mine put on thrusday... and i am pretty excited.
what size lok fits in the tire part and the handle that opens the swing? does that make sense?
thanks alot.
I just cut and spliced the wiring and made it longer, any medium size lock should work and make sure they tighten down the bolts holding the swing away I had some noise the day after from this spot I cranked down on them and havnt had a sound yet

Old 04-07-2009, 07:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that looks good!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NTXJK
I just cut and spliced the wiring and made it longer, any medium size lock should work and make sure they tighten down the bolts holding the swing away I had some noise the day after from this spot I cranked down on them and havnt had a sound yet

thanks alot.... i am super pysched about mine getting on thursday...

where in texas are you? i am from tyler and am driving back in about a week once tax season is over.. super pysched about that as well.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:21 AM
JK Super Freak

im waiting for someone to get them in stock. does it shake around at all or is it pretty solid. i dont' want to have to get a new bumper with a tire carrier on it and spend more money than i have to i already have the OR-FAB bumper just need the carrier now. looks awesome though i think tuffy makes a lock box that replaces one jerry can too i saw some pictures someplace lookd like a great place to jeep an airhose and some tow rope stuff blah blah .
Old 04-07-2009, 09:34 AM
JK Junkie

Smbuddy im up in the Little Elm and Aubrey area, and Offroadme I dont have any rattles coming from this carrier, the only thing I did notice is if I hit a huge hole or speed bump it will bounce with the 35" that could happen with just about any carrier but again no noise or rattle so I did a small fix I noticed the upper bump stop didnt make contact with the rear gate wich was causing the carrier to flex so I found an old shock bushing that was the same diameter I cut out a hole on the upper bushing and it popped right in problem solved heres some pics

Shock Bushing

Upper bushing cut out

Contact with the gate
Old 04-07-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great look...I almost went with it....love the Or-Fab stuff!

Quick Reply: Its finally here