Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

issues with 15" rims....? whats up

Old 02-16-2012, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default issues with 15" rims....? whats up

so i went to a few off road outfitters around me and i wanted to get some 15x8 cragar soft 8s to throw on the jk. non of them will do it because... "they wont fit". well, i personally know several people with 15x8 cragars on their jks.... why do these places think they wont fit? something with the calipers?!?!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of the steel rims with not fit, it's with the inner welds not being exact and hitting the calipers. That is the reason I went with 15" Alloys, they are more precise and do fit, plus they are lighter and don't bend when hit. I have been very pleased with this set up for the past two years of trail riding.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:18 AM
JK Freak

They will fit, but require a little filing on the calipers. Some they fit without any grinding...luck of the draw I guess. To me, it's worth it for the savings and the fact that steel bends and can be bent back if needed where as aluminum will crack and you're SOL.

Not to mention most steel wheels (like the soft 8s) are made in the USA and almost all aluminum wheels are made in China.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:06 PM
JK Freak

Order wheels yourself then take them in to put on I bought wheels at summitracing (summit racing series 164 15" aluminium 5 hole wheels) for 96 a piece and then took them to discount tire to put them on the tire and put them on. They probably wouldn't have ordered me wheels because "in there computer" they don't fit but I knew they did.

Quick Reply: issues with 15" rims....? whats up