Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

insurance and engine swap

Old 01-20-2010, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good info!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 11:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeff the Insurance Guy
CerOf, Well said
captjay I am a Famers agent so I write all lines of coverage but many years ago I chose to market "Coverage for your toys" my sub agency which caters to off road (jeeps, sand cars, etc.) also hot rods, collector cars, and vintage race cars. Agood example to answer your ? a specialty collector car insurance co. I write for has people that surf sites such as ferrari and porsche sites. Guys will stuff there cars at atrack event and some one will post about the accident which descibes the vehicle and next thing you know the owner of the car will turn a claim in stating it happened on on remote highway yes it can be used to deny coverage and prove insurance fraud.
You inquired about a coverage ? its all good but some people will go to great lengths to get paid on something that they really shouldnt. We all pay for fraud.
jeff
jeff, wow thats amazing. i guess since i was not raised that way, to defraud anyone, i just didnt think of some of this stuff. my agent says im covered with my lifted and modded jeep, but im hesitant on that. a friends agaent siad he was covered also, then he rolled offroad, claimed it, then they covered and dropped him. as im slowly getting back on my feet from being layd off, i will definitly get up with you for coverage. i have way to much invested to not be covered for sure.

thahts amazing that companies can use forums like this to go against you. but i guess that what it takes to keep fraud down, than im all for it. you said it jeff, we all pay for fraud and the crooked people out there.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CerOf
You would not run into privacy laws. You do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy with a post made on this forum.

The information would be copied from this website and most likely referred to the NICB (National Insurance Crimbe Bureau) with any other supporting information.

Most insurance adjuster's are too busy to search for things like this on a forum, but some adjuster's love busting people who are bent on defrauding their insurance company.

Most major insurance companies have "SIU" units (Special investigation units) who will do extensive checks into you and your claim beyond the normal investigation if they catch a whiff of fraud. You typically won't even know really it is being done.

A private message may have some leg to stand on but would require an attorney to litigate and most things would settle before then.
wow , i did not know that. great info. thats pretty much what i thought since it was a public forum.. but had no idea aboiut the NICB, thats actually pretty cool to know that it is out there. atleast they are trying to curb fraud.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I do workers' comp stuff. I'll use any info that's in my favor, regardless of the law, and I assume the same applies for auto insurance companies. Once you expose someone's fraudulent behavior, no matter you how you exposed the person's fraudulent behavior, that person's case quickly falls apart legally and psychologically. Once it's aired out that there's fraud, the plaintiff immediately becomes the defendant and that person's, well, fucked, for lack of a better term.

Some of you are paying way too much for your insurance. I'm fully covered for $700 a year.

Oh, and you WILL be blacklisted; at least in the workers' comp world. If you've been busted for fraud, your next employer will have access to the info. Is this the same with auto insurance?

Last edited by spartan99; 01-22-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Auto accidents, property damage, liability claims, for most major, domestic insurance companies are reported to ISO.

It is kinda like a "credit report" but shows your insurance claims history. As I recall it also shows worker's comp, but I can't for sure say that as I never paid attention when searching for someone's claim history if any returns were worker's comp.

Quick Reply: insurance and engine swap