Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Installed Teraflex leveling kit today.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CerOf
My wife and I discuss the mods and make sure it fits in the budget. She is awesome and I wouldn't even consider mods without her input. I'm not whipped and neither is she. We just both communicate very well in an adult to adult way. Make sure our spending lines up with our mutual goals and then go for it.

Man, first 6 years of our marriage wasn't the best as we communicated in a parent child way. We've done things MUCH differently past 6 years and lets just say things are good!

Also, she pushed for the Rubi with Nav over an X.

Congrats on the leveling kit. You will enjoy it. I know I like mine. It is the way it should have come from the factory.
I love hearing stuff like this. My wife and I have been together for 14 years and we tend to have friends all over the board in age (younger and older). Some of them get it...too many just don't. It's about respect and aligning your future together. And, wheeling together with our 3-year old while keeping food on the table is always in the future.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

This thread is great!!!! Ur your own man do what you want.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

Dude. I hate to tell you but she knows. If she's anything like my wife (bless her heart), she chooses to let you think you've fooled her!!
Old 03-09-2012, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

I can paint my JEEP pink and my darling wouldn't notice
Old 03-09-2012, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

I'm trying the same stealth move myself tomorrow. Here's my set-up:

I recently convinced her that I need new tires with the help of a friend. He told me, in her presence, that my tires were looking a little worn out. She actually suggested I look into getting them replaced! YES! I then waited a few days and then told her that the cheapest ones I could find are a little bigger than the current ones. That's true, by the way. The Falken Wild Peaks are cheaper than putting the BFG MTs back on. But, of course, I had already picked them out months ago. So anyway, then a few days later I explained that I just found out that I'll also need something called "bump stops" installed so the bigger tires don't damage the fenders. "We don't want that to happen, do we honey?" The install party was scheduled immediately!

What she doesn't know is that I've had my 2" lift sitting in my office at work for almost 2 months just waiting for this opportunity. If she happens to notice that I'm sitting a little taller when I get home, I'll just say "gee, I thought it seemed a little higher too. It must be those bump stops".

Wish me luck!
Old 03-09-2012, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DGriz

I recently convinced her that I need new tires with the help of a friend. He told me, in her presence, that my tires were looking a little worn out. She actually suggested I look into getting them replaced! YES! I then waited a few days and then told her that the cheapest ones I could find are a little bigger than the current ones. That's true, by the way. The Falken Wild Peaks are cheaper than putting the BFG MTs back on. But, of course, I had already picked them out months ago. So anyway, then a few days later I explained that I just found out that I'll also need something called "bump stops" installed so the bigger tires don't damage the fenders. "We don't want that to happen, do we honey?" The install party was scheduled immediately!

What she doesn't know is that I've had my 2" lift sitting in my office at work for almost 2 months just waiting for this opportunity. If she happens to notice that I'm sitting a little taller when I get home, I'll just say "gee, I thought it seemed a little higher too. It must be those bump stops".

Wish me luck!
Good luck man
Old 03-09-2012, 03:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wish me luck!
Good luck.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Freak

Wish me luck!
Good luck please tell us how this story ends! ?
Old 03-11-2012, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you get caught ,i always say its better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.
Let the mods begin
Old 03-11-2012, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

She hasn't noticed yet...

Quick Reply: Installed Teraflex leveling kit today.