Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Installed Rubicon Shocks/Springs and Teraflex Leveling Kit....Wow!

Old 06-06-2010, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Installed Rubicon Shocks/Springs and Teraflex Leveling Kit....Wow!

I've been lurking on this forum for sometime and just got my first jeep a couple of months ago. I bought a 2007 JK "X" Red Rock crystal with 4.10's....Love It!

After allot of thought and study I purchased a set of new "take-off" Rubicon shocks and springs from a hard-top, tow packaged Unlimited. I also ordered a Teraflex leveling kit with "Quick Disconnects" after seeing the results on this forum.

This weekend I had the house to myself so I set about the install. I replaced my front springs which were 12/13 with 17's and the rear 55's with 58's. I also installed the shocks and leveling kit. Only took a few hours with a floor jack and stands. I gotta say....WOW! I love it...BIG difference in ride improvement and I gained allot of lift. The only adjustment I had to do after the install was recenter my steering wheel.....super easy thanks to the write ups on the forum.

After I installed the parts I got greedy and wanted more mods so I did some forum surfing and did the side marker light mod, flipped my rear-view mirror, drilled my side mirrors, painted my center caps, and put on my JK decals. I'm planning on upgrading tires and rock rails next. Thanks guys for the great info.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Last edited by einasterisk; 06-06-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:44 PM
JK Junkie

Man, that looks great! Fantastic improvement. I just put a bumper and winch on the front of my '10 and I think I'm going to order some 18's for the front. They're <$40 ea. I have a set of Unlimited-tow-Rubi takeoff shocks and springs in the garage but the fronts are only 15/16's so they won't be worth the effort.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I'm about to do the exact same thing as you...

TF leveling kit and JKU coils. I'll be going from the same stock springs as you to JKU springs (I think 18 front, can't remember rear). How much overall lift would you say you gained? I lost exactly 1/2" when I installed my OR-Fab stinger stubby, so I am ready to get some lift here. I will probably add 33"s at the end of the summer. Need to make room for them, but didn't want to screw around with drive shaft swap and all the other complexities of larger lifts, at least not yet. My wife and I just had our first kiddo, so money's a bit tight. This seemed like an economical way to gain a modest amount of lift.

Any problems with running stock bump stops and no brake line extensions? I expect not, but wanted to check.

Looks nice,
Jason
Old 06-29-2010, 04:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jason_G
TF leveling kit and JKU coils. I'll be going from the same stock springs as you to JKU springs (I think 18 front, can't remember rear). How much overall lift would you say you gained? I lost exactly 1/2" when I installed my OR-Fab stinger stubby, so I am ready to get some lift here. I will probably add 33"s at the end of the summer. Need to make room for them, but didn't want to screw around with drive shaft swap and all the other complexities of larger lifts, at least not yet. My wife and I just had our first kiddo, so money's a bit tight. This seemed like an economical way to gain a modest amount of lift.

Any problems with running stock bump stops and no brake line extensions? I expect not, but wanted to check.

Looks nice,
Jason
I just did 18/58's and 1" Teraflex front spacers. Gained a little over 2" from stock in front, 3/4" in back. I added Rubi shocks at the same time. I made no changes to the brake lines or bump stops. My assumption is that the OEM shocks will stop droop before problems with the lines and the bump stops are fine w/ my 32" tires. In the picture below is my blue Jeep next to MrMojo's red one. His is stock other than a 3/4" (maybe 1", I don't remember) coil spacer to boost the front up after the bumper/winch.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:03 AM
JK Freak

How much do you think you spent? $$
Old 06-29-2010, 05:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MUAYTHI
How much do you think you spent? $$
The shocks are rear springs were free. I have $80 in the front springs (new from Wyckoff) and $55 in the spacers (used from a forum member).

I already had 0-2.5" JKS QD's. If not for that, longer front swaybar links would be req'd.

My total is $135.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Let me know if you get death wobble with that setup.

I was running JKU springs + 3/4 daystar spacers for 6 months and all was great.

I then installed the TF leveling kit which brought my front up 2" instead of 3/4". I immediately started having Death Wobbles. I remove 1" spacer from the front and it seems to have fixed my Death wobbles.

Not sure what is going on but it definitely had something to do with the TF leveling kit.

Quick Reply: Installed Rubicon Shocks/Springs and Teraflex Leveling Kit....Wow!