Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Installed Rancho Rock Tube Doors

Old 08-30-2010, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Rancho Rock Tube Doors

Weather has been beautiful for a week straight here. Had the top and doors off. Also had the chance to install my newly arrived Rancho Rock Tube Doors. Had them on about a week and I have been very happy with them. Very solid and well made. Latch system works great and is very stable. My 7 and 9 y/olds are much more comfortable riding with these on when the factory doors are off. They were easy to install thanks to the write-up here on the forum. Took me less than 45 minutes with some easy assembly and drilling. I have not had any issues with rattling. They are rock solid if the bump stops are placed correctly. I had a lot of positive comments on how sharp they looked.

Only negatives - The nuts were a pain to screw on to the top hinge once placed - I did get quicker with each door. On one of the back doors the latch closed really hard. After looking I noticed that the metal bar the latch clips to was slightly skewed on the JK and was not the doors fault. I got som rubber washers to elevate the hinge pin slightly and now it clicks smoothly. You can see this in the third picture.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Those look great! I like how the incorporate the factory mirrors.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looking pretty sharp! How much did it set you back total? (if you don't mind me asking)
Old 08-30-2010, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ctsw20
Those look great! I like how the incorporate the factory mirrors.
I liked how they looked but the fact that I could use the factory mirrors was a huge plus. Taking the mirrors of and putting them on these doors was a breeze.

Originally Posted by DEVIL JEEP
Looking pretty sharp! How much did it set you back total? (if you don't mind me asking)
Thanks. I do like the look when they are on. I don't mind sharing info either. They were $590 for all 4 shipped to my door UPS ground. I ordered on a Monday and had them on a Friday. I am pretty happy with what I recieved for that price. I do not have the technical skills to create my own and I don't know anyone that could make something this nice either.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

those look great!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 11:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I really like the look of the Rancho doors...need to add them to my wish list! Thanks for sharing
Old 08-30-2010, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
I really like the look of the Rancho doors...need to add them to my wish list! Thanks for sharing
No problem! Next up - Seat Covers. The list is long but I'm making progress.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by outlikealight
I liked how they looked but the fact that I could use the factory mirrors was a huge plus. Taking the mirrors of and putting them on these doors was a breeze.

Thanks. I do like the look when they are on. I don't mind sharing info either. They were $590 for all 4 shipped to my door UPS ground. I ordered on a Monday and had them on a Friday. I am pretty happy with what I recieved for that price. I do not have the technical skills to create my own and I don't know anyone that could make something this nice either.
Wow! good deal! Thanks for emptying my wallet that much more.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DEVIL JEEP
Wow! good deal! Thanks for emptying my wallet that much more.
If my wallet has to be empty I'm taking as many others as I can .
Old 08-31-2010, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

what drilling did you have to do?

Quick Reply: Installed Rancho Rock Tube Doors