Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Installed OBA under seat-Pics

Old 07-20-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed OBA under seat-Pics

Here are some pics of a compressor I recently installed under the passenger side seat. The compressor is the MV-1050 from pep boys. I drilled through the floor under the passenger seat to mount it, then ran the line to the back and mounted a quick connect. I was originally going to run a second line to the front on the other side, but I can reach all 4 tires from the current location with my coiled hose, so I think im good…I have a 2gal tank that is not installed yet…I don’t know where to put it under the jeep…

Old 07-20-2010, 01:35 PM
JK Freak

Personally I would NEVER place it there! the cylinder heads on these get VERY hot and may cause alot of damage if not start a fire even if it does not cause a fire, you will very likely be melting carpet and/or foam which are both toxic to inhale.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Northernmedic
Personally I would NEVER place it there! the cylinder heads on these get VERY hot and may cause alot of damage if not start a fire even if it does not cause a fire, you will very likely be melting carpet and/or foam which are both toxic to inhale.
X2
Old 07-20-2010, 03:28 PM
JK Junkie

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I was looking at the nice work jmat1980 did to mount that unit. I won't even put mine back into its carry bag immediately after I've aired up for fear that it will melt the bag.

Also, I've had the fuse blow out a couple of times now (after the first time, I bought a bag of spares that I keep with me). Not sure why, but both times it happened, I had turned the unit off after filling one tire in order to re-attach the hose and begin the inflation of another. When I turned the unit back on - puff, fuse blown. Hopefully you've made sure that you still have easy access to the fuse.

Other than the above "annoyances", I am extremely satisfied with this little compressor . . . especially for the money.

By the way, neat write-up. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 07-20-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default sticker

lmao

i love your sticker on the back
Old 07-20-2010, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Nice Job!

Is that a flat face connector on the bumper?
Old 07-20-2010, 04:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Carpet has since been removed, but I do have the mopar rubber floor liner on order...

I ran it for about 15 min to test the heat, wasnt that bad, just a little warm... Nothing that would come close to starting a fire or melting carpet.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the compressor and also the sticker
Old 07-20-2010, 04:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by robin
I like the compressor and also the sticker
It doesnt show it on the picture, but it says "Only on a Jeep"
Old 07-20-2010, 04:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Holyroller
Is that a flat face connector on the bumper?
The part that the QD is mounted to was just some sort of brace used for decking that I cut in half and sprayed with bedliner...

Quick Reply: Installed OBA under seat-Pics