Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Installed my RR light bar and 5 Hella Optilux HID's

Old 06-25-2011, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeperjkjeeper
are there any issues with putting the soft top up and down....looks like the back of the lights might interfere with the top but it could just be the angle in the photos...i love the set up.
what is involved in converting the headlights?
For the soft top I now have to push up in the middle first to clear the lights but thats it so no big deal and for the headlights each bulb has an external ballast thats about the size of a deck of cards that you have to stuff somewhere then each has a ground and the passenger side connects to the battery and has a power wire runnin to the drivers side. and my setup is DOT compliant yes they are bright and little cars ahead of me dont like it but I'm not wasting my time with just replacing the bulbs with some cheap ass halogens. HIDs are brighter last longer and draw less power sounds like a no brainer to me but hey there will always be someone drinkin a big bottle of haterade waiting to take a piss
Old 06-25-2011, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I do believe its illegal to install hid's in a non-projection headlight though. I remember reading that somewhere... I'll try to find it.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:13 PM
JK Freak

Unbelievable, I will be adding those to the ever growing list.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:01 PM
JK Freak

light bar looks good! you can see the dog in the last photo where as you can't in the others. NICE! Nice job
Old 07-12-2011, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by damunoz32
I do believe its illegal to install hid's in a non-projection headlight though. I remember reading that somewhere... I'll try to find it.
You are correct.

Found this elsewhere:

There is also the fact that this is technically illegal. An officer can ticket you for it. It isn't likely, but possible, especially if you blind him going the other way. And you may not pass your state safety inspection, if you have one. I know if a car rolled into the shop where I work with an HID kit in non-projector housings it's failing for sure. A cop pulls you over for that, and whoever issued that sticker can be in some serious trouble.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Vic
JK Enthusiast

Nice set up !
Love the lights
Old 07-13-2011, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SmokeShowin
You are correct.

Found this elsewhere:

That kit was the first mod I did maybe a month after I bought the jeep in '09 since then its had 2 state inspections, obviously passed each time and I drive right past one of the local police stations everyday to and from work never been pulled over. Do you guys really think your comments are gonna make me change them? You can keep wasting your time if it makes you happy. Keep hating, I'll keep smiling
Old 07-19-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RubiConz
light bar looks good! you can see the dog in the last photo where as you can't in the others. NICE! Nice job
Maybe because the dog wasn't there at the time!
Old 07-19-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

i know im being a noob for this question but your not allowed to drive on the street with the lights on the light bar on are you?
Old 07-19-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the light bar. I don't see those vary often anymore everyone has windshield lights now.

Quick Reply: Installed my RR light bar and 5 Hella Optilux HID's