Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Installed my RR light bar and 5 Hella Optilux HID's

Old 06-24-2011, 11:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed my RR light bar and 5 Hella Optilux HID's

Hey guys, finally got all this installed so now its time to share! Everything went well and it took my buddy and i about 6 hours total..i'm not a fan of electrical stuff so running all these wires was the only thing hard about this. I have an HID kit for my headlights so i wanted HID lights for the light bar as well, tried to take the best pics possible. For some reason i couldnt get good night pics without the reflection of the windshield lights showing up somewhere but they work.

and for the switches I did the RR A-pillar switch pod

now for the good stuff I took a trip down to camp where its good and dark to show how bright these things are
ok I'm gonna start with the view from inside
this is the fog lights in the bumper only and you can barely see thats how dark it was

this is fog lights and my HID headlights(I get people flashing their lights at me constantly but I love how bright they are)

and this is the fog lights HID headlights and 5 Hella Optilux HID's

couple shots from in front

this looks cool its just a giant ball of light and i'm at least 25 yards away

now a view from outside the jeep and these look a lot better and they're in the same order as the inside shots

best shot of the bunch and you can see the switches lit up on the inside

These things are so bright its ridiculous and it lights up in front of the jeep tremendously as well as each side for great peripheral vision..Thanks to Gus at ORW for the great deal on the lights!
Old 06-25-2011, 02:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow nice lightbar setup looks sweet and clean....no shortage of lighting....
Old 06-25-2011, 03:35 AM
JK Freak

My eyes hurt just looking at the pictures..
Old 06-25-2011, 03:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

are there any issues with putting the soft top up and down....looks like the back of the lights might interfere with the top but it could just be the angle in the photos...i love the set up.
what is involved in converting the headlights?
Old 06-25-2011, 04:27 AM
JK Freak

very nice
Old 06-25-2011, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

That looks really cool! I love the ball of light pic from 25yards away. UFO
Old 06-25-2011, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by batherton87
this is fog lights and my HID headlights(I get people flashing their lights at me constantly but I love how bright they are)
Dick move honestly. If you want HID lighting, do it the right way and retro in some projectors. This is the reason some states are starting to crack down on non-OEM HID applications.

Light bar looks great though -- looks like it really sets the night on fire! I'd never be able to use them in the tight trails I run.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepinTJ99
Dick move honestly. If you want HID lighting, do it the right way and retro in some projectors. This is the reason some states are starting to crack down on non-OEM HID applications.

Light bar looks great though -- looks like it really sets the night on fire! I'd never be able to use them in the tight trails I run.
x2
I can't say I hate my HID's, cause it's quite the opposite. I do wish they were a bit dimmer though. They do upset other drivers quite often.

running a 55w Bi-Xenon 6000k set up

I've been trying to find some projectors, if anyone can point me in the right direction, that'd be great.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:15 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just to add something here if you have issues with vehicles in front of you do what i did and lower the lights a little bit i been behind police cars with my HID on them and never had any problems .

nice pics.!!
Old 06-25-2011, 09:07 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by batherton87
Just adjust your headlights down a little and it should take care of it....

Quick Reply: Installed my RR light bar and 5 Hella Optilux HID's