Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Installed My First Lift!!!

Old 06-17-2012, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am installing a 3.25 lift from RC as well this week. Any advice.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:48 AM
JK Newbie

I replied to the other thread you started yesterday...My main advice is for you to purchase an adjustable track bar. I see your kit doesn't come with control arms, hopefully that won't give you a problem. I spent an extra $100 and purchased the adjustable track bar for the front and it made a world of difference...Good luck!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eipi
Yep...working on that now! Got an offer for 650 for my tires, so I will probably be getting some 285 75 17 Nitto Grapplers...I think they are about 34 inch tires...Can't wait!
eipi - Federal makes the Couragia MT - I just put em on my stock rims 285/70's. I got all 5 mounted, balanced and disposal of the others for $1247.00 locally.... smoking deal and they ride great! very quiet...nothing but good reviews where ever I looked too. Just food for thought...your jeep looks great! My lift goes on next weekend....
Old 10-08-2012, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by medburd
eipi - Federal makes the Couragia MT - I just put em on my stock rims 285/70's. I got all 5 mounted, balanced and disposal of the others for $1247.00 locally.... smoking deal and they ride great! very quiet...nothing but good reviews where ever I looked too. Just food for thought...your jeep looks great! My lift goes on next weekend....

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check those out. Still haven't got around to switching tires...Good luck on your lift!!!

Mike
Old 10-08-2012, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eipi
Thanks! Yes, that is the next item on the menu! Planning to go with Nitto Grappler 285 75 17...I think that is about a 34 inch tire, and about 11.5 inches wide. I like the narrower tires for snow. I will probably wear the original rubi tires out first. Can't see wasting all that rubber!

Mike
I got the Trail Grappler in that size its good. I have a 2.5 TF Coil lift. I like the narrow as well for gas mileage.

Quick Reply: Installed My First Lift!!!