Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Installed Expedition One DX!

Old 09-20-2007, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn southside u just stop by here to drop some nastys? insulted my tires and don't like my bumper jeesh...say what u want about the thornbirds u should see the mud i get through with no problem, when others with bfs and procomps etc are framed. i bow to the boggers only in mud thank u.

Last edited by xravn; 09-20-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:02 PM
JK Newbie

Love it.
As light as you can get but still do the job of holding the winch.
Ed
Old 09-21-2007, 05:18 AM
JK Super Freak

i like it, but why keep the factory tow hooks and have the d-rings???

they kind of negate each other, its like having 4 tow points
Old 09-21-2007, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

just for versatility, i have a choice. sometimes its adaquite to use the hooks just for a strap.. other times u want the security of using the d-rings. +plus for me i just wanted to retain them as i had put them on after i bought the jeep and didn't want to waste the money i spent buying them. and they look cool
Old 09-21-2007, 05:24 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepik
i like it, but why keep the factory tow hooks and have the d-rings???

they kind of negate each other, its like having 4 tow points

Never had a D-ring jam on you huh? Pretty tough to hook up a loop strap to a jammed d-ring that the loop wont fit through. I actually think it is kinda smart to have the option.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by xravn
. i bow to the boggers only in mud thank u.
DUDE... you dont have to bow to me hahaha

i like your jeep it looks great
where are those full frame shots lol
Old 09-21-2007, 05:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xravn
well just got the Expedition one basic DX and installed with new winch. i am greatly impressed with the minimalist function and style . this baby had everything i was looking for at the best price. i wanted to keep my factory hooks(since i got and installed them after i got my jeep), install a winch between the frame rails, and add shackles! did everything on my list. and give excelent approach clearance! took about 1 and half to install with winch(hardest part is removing factory bumper)

anyways let me know what you think...

i like it. simple but effective. get some off road lights on it and you'll be rocking. :toung: too bad they don't have on with factory fogs... or do they?

Originally Posted by SLICKWILL
Looks Good ANY FURTHER AWAY PICS??
When you take some more pictures of it, can you get a picture from underneath and from the top? I ask this because I am working on mounting a winch using my stock bumper. As it stands, it seems with the Rubicon you can only mount above the bumper due to the sway bar disco getting in the way. I know you have an x and therefore don't have the disco setting between the frame rails. But I’d still like to see how much room there is with that bumper behind the winch. I really do think it’s possible to mount it somehow using that cross beam up there near the bumper that the factory skid uses to mount. So, it'll help me figure out if I can somehow mount my winch inside the stock bumper or not as I continue to wait for my winch to show up... ugh. Anyway, if you could snap those few pictures I’d appreciate it.

Originally Posted by SouthSideSteve
Good thing you got a winch. It'll get a workout as long as you run those thornbirds. I seriously didn't realize people still bought those.

Glad you like the bumper. Not my favorite, however.
whats wrong with thornbirds? here i am thinking of getting a set over the BFG A/Ts...
Old 09-21-2007, 06:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
whats wrong with thornbirds? here i am thinking of getting a set over the BFG A/Ts...
We don't need to hi-jack his thread, but do a search...You will find some STRONG opinions about those tires.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Renegade
We don't need to hi-jack his thread, but do a search...You will find some STRONG opinions about those tires.
even further than that. do a search on google for "thornbirds" or "thornturds". lots of offroad enthusiasts that won't touch them.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

hey to each their own, everyone has STRONG oppinions for everything... some can't stand a stubby and swear by a full length bull bar, while others can't stand full length for clearance and weight... the point is every one has their own choice and oppinion on what looks good and works for them. i love my Thornbirds and they have worked out great for me thus far... but i always considered them an aggresive A/T tire as it was intended. so thus i expect boggers pitbulls and other such extreme M/T tires to out perform mine. but i'm happy with what i got thank you and yes they do look awesome much better IMO then a standard B/F mt.

and slick i like your jeep man, very nice you've done good work to it IMO but not ready to bow down to you yet lol i'd love to see them side by side on the trail one day let me know if ya ever head down to florida, i'll show you some sweet Everglades trails that will make those boggers really work :P

Quick Reply: Installed Expedition One DX!