Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Installed 2.5" TF Coil lift and 35" MTR/Ks on MB72s

Old 06-12-2011, 10:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! I have the sane tires.. Love them!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:35 PM
JK Newbie

Did you have any issues balancing the MTRs? I've heard some other forum members say they've had this problem
Old 06-12-2011, 10:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

There were no issues with balancing mine. I have about 5k miles on them and still running nice.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Foedoe
There were no issues with balancing mine. I have about 5k miles on them and still running nice.
Thats good to hear because I like these tires a lot and plan to run them, based on the good things I have heard about their performance on the trails, and the fact that they are considerably lighter than many other MTs
Old 06-13-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry about the absence, as I was on vacation.

The tires were in stock and shipped right away from DTD, but it was because they are the 15" rim tires. There were no 17" 35s in stock. Plus, the 15" rim tires are cheaper. I had planned on running 35x17" on my stock rubi rims and adding spidertraxx spacers, but it ended up being cheaper to buy the new rims and tires in a 15". Plus now I can sell stock rims/tires/tpms for a higher price, which makes it even more affordable.

You can run any aftermarket shocks or other components with the lift kit. I added the shock extensions to my stock shocks to keep the costs down for now. I have only put ~50 miles on this setup, but so far I cannot really tell any difference from stock height/tires.

The tires/rims came mounted and balanced direct from DTD, so I do not know how difficult it was to balance. There sure is alot of lead on the rim though, but I will attribute that to the large tire, small rim setup. Seems balanced as of now.

I cannot emphasize how easy and affordable it was to do business with ORW (lift) and discount tire direct (tires and rims). Awesome deals and quick shipping. I would buy from them again in a heartbeat and recommend them to anyone.

Thanks for all the complements! I am really happy with how it turned out and am now itching to get back to Moab. I planned on heading out there this weekend, but Silverton Mountain just announce they will be spooling the lift this weekend and there is no way I am missing the chance to snowboard on a chairlift in mid June. So, I will probably head back to Moab in two weeks.

Quick Reply: Installed 2.5" TF Coil lift and 35" MTR/Ks on MB72s