Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Inexpensive Winch Bumpers

Old 03-30-2016, 12:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

This may not be the case here but ,there are to many people who can't afford good parts after paying for a new Jeep and don't care about putting on quality parts on their Jeeps, even new ones. I couldn't imagine bolting on cheap crap on my new Jeep and cheapening it up. I would save my money and go with quality parts, Always.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dahreno
This may not be the case here but ,there are to many people who can't afford good parts after paying for a new Jeep and don't care about putting on quality parts on their Jeeps, even new ones. I couldn't imagine bolting on cheap crap on my new Jeep and cheapening it up. I would save my money and go with quality parts, Always.
Price doesn't always reflect quality, snob.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
Price doesn't always reflect quality, snob.
^x2

Do more research. That was one of the stupidest things I've read all day.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are just looking to mount a winch, Rockhard 4x4 makes a winch plate for the stock bumper. It's $169, or so, and is made in the USA (Nebraska, I think).

Good value and no compromise on the recovery points, you still use your stock tow hooks.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

If I'm a snob for saving my money until I can buy what I want, so be it. BTW, how many times have you bought anything cheap and it was better then the expensive one ? Yeah, I didn't think so. Ever here the term, "you get what you pay for ?" According to you, this is a false statement.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by onebadtwo
Ive been looking at winches and bumpers here lately... Most seem to be VERY expensive. The Rough Country modular bumper seems nice for the money... I also really like the Victory4X4 frame chop options... Are there any other similarly priced options that may not be coming up in my searches?
I just bought the Smittybilt XRC Gen 1 Bumper. Morris 4x4 matched a price on ebay so I ended up paying 449.99 for it with free shipping. Seems to be a popular choice and has a 5 year warranty. I'll let you know how it works out after I install it. It's your Jeep so do what makes you happy.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

X2 on crawler Conceptz. Huge bang for your buck. You can get a stubby front or like $300. My buddy runs all their stuff and wheels the piss out of his JKU and has never had problems.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Thadv95
X2 on crawler Conceptz. Huge bang for your buck. You can get a stubby front or like $300. My buddy runs all their stuff and wheels the piss out of his JKU and has never had problems.
The CC stuff is less expensive than all its competition. The quality is some of the best out there. Just remember all of it comes raw. So. U either gotta rattle can it or pay for finishing. For what it's worth the guy that powdercoated mine said he had done all brands of bumpers. The CC was some of the best quality he had coated.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Are the CC bumpers a direct bolt on or does it take some fab work to mount?
Old 04-04-2016, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Siggy
Are the CC bumpers a direct bolt on or does it take some fab work to mount?
The skinny series will require some cutting and drilling. If you have a sawzall or an angle grinder with a cutting wheel, it doesn't take very long.

The ultra series is a direct bolt on I believe.

Quick Reply: Inexpensive Winch Bumpers