Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Inexpensive Winch Bumpers

Old 03-27-2016, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inexpensive Winch Bumpers

Ive been looking at winches and bumpers here lately... Most seem to be VERY expensive. The Rough Country modular bumper seems nice for the money... I also really like the Victory4X4 frame chop options... Are there any other similarly priced options that may not be coming up in my searches?
Old 03-27-2016, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

You can get cheap bumpers off amazon I believe the brand is E-autogrilles
Old 03-27-2016, 11:33 AM
JK Newbie

I have the RC Hybrid, cost me $250. I bought it mostly for budget reasons, but also because the winch mount was lower and not blocking the grill. It has seriously grown on me. Not sure I could go back to a full width bumper. I've beat on it pretty hard and its taken trail rash well.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonio5664
You can get cheap bumpers off amazon I believe the brand is E-autogrilles
I have one and I have to say I'm impressed. Seems sturdy as hell. Winch plate, grill gaurd with light tabs, uses factory fogs and came with 2 D-rings. $325 shipped.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at the Bestop narrow rock bumper. I like their narrow one, the full length not so much.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cutman
I have one and I have to say I'm impressed. Seems sturdy as hell. Winch plate, grill gaurd with light tabs, uses factory fogs and came with 2 D-rings. $325 shipped.
+1 I agree
Old 03-28-2016, 08:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

In case you didn't know, good Jeep parts are expensive, and usually for good reason. When I bought my Bumpers, I bought from dealers that have a high interest in making a great product because their business relies on it. I'm not putting my life on the line because the guy in another country didn't really know how to weld all that great. Just my 2 cents, I will save money to put a good product on my Jeep before buying cheap.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dahreno
In case you didn't know, good Jeep parts are expensive, and usually for good reason. When I bought my Bumpers, I bought from dealers that have a high interest in making a great product because their business relies on it. I'm not putting my life on the line because the guy in another country didn't really know how to weld all that great. Just my 2 cents, I will save money to put a good product on my Jeep before buying cheap.
Have to agree with this. If you plan on ever using a winch to recover your rig, a cheap chinee welded recovery point doesn't have my confidence.

For crash protection steel is steel, for recovery all that stress is on your points, if they fail money saved on a bumper won't replace what could happen.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Instead of "cheap", I think what you really mean is a "value" winch bumper.

Here's a few options I think you should consider.

1. Your cheapest option will be having the stock bumper modified with a winch. Look around, there's a few write-ups on this forum on how to do it. Here's what it looks like.

2. Instead of looking for a brand new bumper, start shopping around on Craig's list for something in your area. The nice thing for us "value" shoppers is that people are often "upgrading" their Jeeps which means they're usually trying to get rid of the old stuff. Someone's perceived downgrade, can be your upgrade at a fraction of the price. A used bumper with a fresh coat of rattle can spray can look as good as new. Often if you shop around, you will find people have purchased bumpers with the intent to mount it, but then things happen or they change their mind and they're looking to get rid of it and cut their losses. I've seen brand new in the box Mopar winch mount bumpers on Craig's list for $100. I purchased a used AEV Call of Duty Moab front bumper on Craig's list for $250 which is a $1300 bumper when purchased new. Another member on this forum got the matching AEV Moab rear bumper off the same guy for $120. You might have to be patient, but deals like that do show up on Craig's list.

Last edited by Rednroll; 03-28-2016 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Warn. Came with plate and I can use my factory fogs too. Under $400.

Click image for larger version

Name:	catahoula.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	642088

Quick Reply: Inexpensive Winch Bumpers