Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Important Safety Tip

Old 07-20-2010, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Important Safety Tip

So...I have learned something important and vital this past weekend after coming home from the PA Jeep Show...I was pretty sure I told the wife I was going to some "stuff"...ended up with bumper, snorkel and of course the expense of getting there and it appears that when you cross the $500 line, you should apparently ask the wife first! I really did not think this was a big deal...I mean we all need a River Raider Snorkel, Rampage bumper and related accessories....I never say anything about haircuts or groceries...

Just wanted to pass along for the rest of you so you can check with your spouse before potentially making an innocent mistake!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads up!! I gotta explain to mine that I need bigger badder tires only 6 weeks after buying new ones??!!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

I took the wife with me for just that reason. When I explained that the AEV bumper was normally $1200. and I could get it for $700. she figured I was saving us money. The wives can't resist sales. It also helps to maybe take them out shopping a couple of days ahead of time. They really won't be able to argue the point. LOL
Old 07-20-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

ummmmmmmmmmm... there is a way to deal with this scenario.......... if anyone has exact instructions please share (or link)

Last edited by Brashanic; 07-20-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Talking

That looks really dangerous...send out notification prior to doing the deed...so we know to look for you!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alien10
Exact reason why I skipped the show - I know I would have come home with a bunch of new parts. That definitely would have put me in the dog house. There's always next year though....

Different solution to the same problem but this is the exact reason I don't get married.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It takes quite a devious plan to get $500 approved by my CFO. It's no easy task by any means!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brashanic
ummmmmmmmmmm... there is a way to deal with this scenario.......... if anyone has exact instructions please share (or link)
Don't get married?? Hahaha.. I should take my own advice.. The fiance has been monitoring my spending like a hawk.. Sucks, but off duty employment pays well and sends a seperate check!! After this summer, with all the vacation expenses paid off, I'm gonna treat myself to a spending spree.. She doesn't know it yet, but it should be fun when she asks "why does the Jeep look different?" I'll tell her it's her imagination and jedi mind trick her!! Hey.. It might work!!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know... the last fight I started.....the wife walks in and asked "What's on TV" to which I replied "Dust."

..........Now, I'm thinking that tent on top of the Jeep is starting to look pretty good about now.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by d2constable
I know... the last fight I started.....the wife walks in and asked "What's on TV" to which I replied "Dust."

..........Now, I'm thinking that tent on top of the Jeep is starting to look pretty good about now.
BAHAHAHAHAHA!! You playin' with fire there son!

Quick Reply: Important Safety Tip