Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

I screwed up BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2014, 10:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1995nscajeep
For the price of the srt you could have probably bought a sport wrangler and stuck the 6.4 for less and still be fast and wheelable
Im not aure why people assumed I paid cash for the vehicle? I would never tie up 72k plus tax in any car. Its leased through my business, so buying a used JK and throwing A Hemi in it for the same price doesnt really apply.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:20 AM
JK Freak

Sounds like you did what we've all done at one time or another. Drive the SRT and live with the decision or trade for a JK. I would base this decision on what is best for my family and what I can afford.

The point being..don't repeat a bad financial decision...regardless of your immediate wants.

I don't know anything about leases or lease by backs. I rarely if ever by new..depreciation. Either way...step back and really make a good decision for your wife and yourself. In the end she'll respect you more and you will both be happy.

Good luck with your decision. I remember being young and doing this. It took me years to recover. I am now 51, debt free, retired and loving it. So you can fix this.....maybe not in the way you want though.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTETHRET
The SRT is actually very nice inside. Looks wise it just doesnt do enough to set itself apart from a regular Grand Cherokee. The Raptor is nice but I wouldnt drive anything else besides a Rubicon (Need it enclosed for the dogs). Already have a potential buyer for the Srt. The next build will be expensive (EVO Coil overs, Evo Long Arm, PSC, SLabs on 38's etc) Cant wait to be back in a JK!
Wait so only rubicons are enclosed?

Im not aure why people assumed I paid cash for the vehicle? I would never tie up 72k plus tax in any car. Its leased through my business, so buying a used JK and throwing A Hemi in it for the same price doesnt really apply.
Also this doesnt apply, but going to evo and getting that whole set up does?

Id hit up wayalife, they might have a deal for that full blown evo guy...
Old 05-14-2014, 02:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Maertz
Wait so only rubicons are enclosed?

Also this doesnt apply, but going to evo and getting that whole set up does?

Id hit up wayalife, they might have a deal for that full blown evo guy...
What flavor of Hateraid are you drinking, Grape or Strawberry?

Where did I say only Rubicons are Enclosed man? I started out the thread saying I screwed up selling mine. Im not an EVO fan boy or any other manufacuter at that, but after running two different set ups (AEV and RK) I want Coil Overs and Long Arms this time around and will be going to EVO for it who seem to have perfectd this set up!

You have something against EVO?
Old 05-14-2014, 02:46 PM
JK Super Freak

What flavor of Hateraid are you drinking, Grape or Strawberry?

Where did I say only Rubicons are Enclosed man? I started out the thread saying I screwed up selling mine. Im not an EVO fan boy or any other manufacuter at that, but after running two different set ups (AEV and RK) I want Coil Overs and Long Arms this time around and will be going to EVO for it who seem to have perfectd this set up!

You have something against EVO?
Most people who have been on this forum for a while have a bad taste left by the mutual stroking between Evo and WOL.

Also, be prepared to take some heat. Didn't you say you've been wheeling 3 times? And are now going for what many of us dream about, right off the bat?

No hate from me, if I could do it I would. And if I misinterpreted anything, my apologies. I'm not trying to add gas to the fire here. I just see how it started.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry didn't mean to come off rude or anything. I do love the look of your SRT though
Old 05-14-2014, 03:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4W-Jive
Most people who have been on this forum for a while have a bad taste left by the mutual stroking between Evo and WOL.

Also, be prepared to take some heat. Didn't you say you've been wheeling 3 times? And are now going for what many of us dream about, right off the bat?

No hate from me, if I could do it I would. And if I misinterpreted anything, my apologies. I'm not trying to add gas to the fire here. I just see how it started.
Ahh, I see now. I knew WOL started another forum (Im on it) but I didnt ever see that it was an issue on this one? I personally always thought WOL put up great videos and honest opinions about products. I wasn't happy with my last set up and made sure fellow Jeepers knew so they didnt make the same mistake I did. Ive never seen anyone complain about the Bolt On Coil Overs which is why I want to go that route now. I have the dough to spend and want to get the right parts this time around. The three times I went out were a blast so I want to go out more and want the most capable rig (Which will most likley be more capable than the driver ever will), so I would rather do it right up front and not have to revisit it. I just want the best parts I can put on my jeep that work both on and off road well. Didnt know there was bad blood and I couldnt mention Evo's name, my bad!
Old 05-14-2014, 03:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 1995nscajeep
Sorry didn't mean to come off rude or anything. I do love the look of your SRT though
Not rude at all my man.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Ahh, I see now. I knew WOL started another forum (Im on it) but I didnt ever see that it was an issue on this one? I personally always thought WOL put up great videos and honest opinions about products. I wasn't happy with my last set up and made sure fellow Jeepers knew so they didnt make the same mistake I did. Ive never seen anyone complain about the Bolt On Coil Overs which is why I want to go that route now. I have the dough to spend and want to get the right parts this time around. The three times I went out were a blast so I want to go out more and want the most capable rig (Which will most likley be more capable than the driver ever will), so I would rather do it right up front and not have to revisit it. I just want the best parts I can put on my jeep that work both on and off road well. Didnt know there was bad blood and I couldnt mention Evo's name, my bad!
Sounds like a great build. And myself included, most of us here have more capable vehicles than they are drivers. I'd say 2-3% are outside of that statement considering how capable our vehicles and builds are. You are right to build for your future skills and experiences.
You're welcome to talk about and use Evo products, they do make some serious stuff.
Your SRT looks like fun too, but i wouldn't trade my JK for one either.

But like I said, you having been wheeling 3 times and dumping thousands into a cream build will make many here jealous and on the internets, people love to shout out names and Insults.

Overall, welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing your build and experiences.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4W-Jive
Sounds like a great build. And myself included, most of us here have more capable vehicles than they are drivers. I'd say 2-3% are outside of that statement considering how capable our vehicles and builds are. You are right to build for your future skills and experiences.
You're welcome to talk about and use Evo products, they do make some serious stuff.
Your SRT looks like fun too, but i wouldn't trade my JK for one either.

But like I said, you having been wheeling 3 times and dumping thousands into a cream build will make many here jealous and on the internets, people love to shout out names and Insults.

Overall, welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing your build and experiences.
Thanks brother, appreciate it.

Quick Reply: I screwed up BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!