Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

I screwed up BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2014, 11:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I screwed up BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I got it in my head that I wanted a Grand Cherokee SRT because I missed having power coming from Corvettes/Vipers, and didnt want to rip out my RK suspension and start over with EVO stuff, including new slabs. Once I started actually wheeling my rig I regretted not getting EVO Coil overs and slabs, big time. So I list my rig a months ago and a guy from Arizona comes and picks it up. Fast forward to now. I have a 14 SRT, lowered on 22's, and I am REGRETTING my decision!! I miss my frigging Rubicon.

I told the wife I wanted to thow my SRT on swap a lease and buy another Rubicon (It would be my third built one in 3 years), and lets just say she wasnt pleased, AT ALL! The SRT jeep is a computer on 4 wheels, cost 72k and Brakes/Handles like a Viper, and yet I want another Rubicon! I seriously have a deep rooted Sickness that costs me THOUSANDS on dollars and keeps me broke. I was thinking about holding on for the new 16/17 Rubicon but cant wait. If I can dump the SRT, I will build a Rubicon with EVO gear this time around. The three times I went out wheeling was some of the most fun Ive ever had and could defintiley see how well the Coil overs worked. Man I am a complete Douche, this is going to get REAL expensive!

Click image for larger version

Name:	JEEP NOW.jpg
Views:	1904
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	551125Click image for larger version

Name:	JEEP2.jpg
Views:	1800
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	551126Click image for larger version

Name:	JEEPA.jpg
Views:	1622
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	551127
Old 05-07-2014, 12:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am NOT trying to be insulting, but do those things really go for 72K?
Old 05-07-2014, 12:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
I am NOT trying to be insulting, but do those things really go for 72K?
They do, my sticker wa sjust under 72k. Sounds crazy, but the next closest competitor is the Porsche cayenne Turbo or X5m and those are 120k. The SRT is a lot of vehicle for the money.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok, well while you're on the forum open a tab on CL and post it for sale.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heck yeah I'll trade you my stock 12 JKU sport for your JGC

But I'll need $5,000 cash

Lol!!!

Ouch I feel your pain I do
Old 05-07-2014, 01:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That Grand SRT is quite the truck. Since you're having trouble knowing what you want, maybe it's best to drive it for a couple months, get the feel of it, and then decide.

If you have the "need for speed" in a truck, you certainly won't be have that met in a Rubicon. However, if you need pure offroad prowess, you won't get that in the SRT.

What about just buying an old CJ or something for off-roading? Maybe you could even flat tow it to the trail in the comfort of your Grand. Best of all worlds!
Old 05-07-2014, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by arjeeper
That Grand SRT is quite the truck. Since you're having trouble knowing what you want, maybe it's best to drive it for a couple months, get the feel of it, and then decide.

If you have the "need for speed" in a truck, you certainly won't be have that met in a Rubicon. However, if you need pure offroad prowess, you won't get that in the SRT.

What about just buying an old CJ or something for off-roading? Maybe you could even flat tow it to the trail in the comfort of your Grand. Best of all worlds!
I learned the expensive way that my need for speed is over. With getting a CJ I wouldnt want to go through the motor etc. Plus I always have my dogs with me when I go wheeling so I need a 4 door.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

I made a simliar mistake about 2 years ago. I traded my 2010 Wrangler for a BMW 335i Coupe. Thought I was done with going off road ect... Yupp big mistake missed the jeep as soon as the weather got warm, and about 8 months ago traded it in for my 2013 Rubi I have now. It def cost me thousands as well, but you live and learn(and hopefully I will not do something like this again.)
Old 05-07-2014, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Trade for trade, my 10A for your GC B-).... Seriously, I'm the other way around... Had a Volvo XC90 Rdesign and was shopping for a cayenne or ML350. Decided to go back to wranglers and got my 10A. Still regreting it !!!! I'll never use this jeep for its intended purpose. Had it for 9 months and only have 3000 miles on it. Oh well..... Maybe in a few years...

Sent from my C6616 using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2014, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Is this one of David Spades "fake problems"?

Quick Reply: I screwed up BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!