Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

I Ordered New Wheels Today...

Old 09-26-2011, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Ordered New Wheels Today...

After a few weeks of research... I made my first foray into Jeep modification. I ordered a set (5) of 17" x 8.5" Walker Evans beadlocks (4.25" backspacing). I ordered them through OMF Performance who, upon receipt of the wheels, will be having them blasted and powder coated in... matte dark bronze. The beadlock ring will be matte black. The associated hardware will be your typical unfinished steel/aluminum silver. I wanted something unique and, well, I think this is going to look incredible on my black JK.

It'll be 6 weeks or so before they are done. If I receive pictures in the interim, I'll add them here.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

What tyres are they getting? You should do a before an after! Very jealous, really want those rims.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DoneandDone
What tyres are they getting? You should do a before an after! Very jealous, really want those rims.
It'll be a game time decision on the exact size, to be honest. I'm pretty set on the DuraTracs, just waiting to see what pricing will be like on 315/70-17's and 35/12.50-17's around the time the wheels arrive. As for a before and after... this is what the Jeep looks like now:

The Walker Evans beadlocks are really sharp. I'm still a little scared to see what they'll look like when they arrive and are on the vehicle. The three distinct colors on the wheel will either look incredible or look like a mess. I have my fingers crossed.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why not have them cast 1 and send pics? Then decide if you want to keep or change anything.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
Why not have them cast 1 and send pics? Then decide if you want to keep or change anything.
I went through a contact at OMF Performance, which may alter the logic of the process a bit. Basically... OMF is receiving the wheels, doing the coating, then shipping them. OMF ordered the wheels from Walker Evans, which takes approximately four weeks to complete. Between now and when OMF receives the actual wheels, we're hammering out the exact color of the wheels themselves. The powder coater sprays a color... a pic is taken... sent to me... and I mull over it.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Newbie

I'm running Cooper ATR 315/70R17 and they are a good all round tyre they could be more aggressive though, wish we had Duratrac in Australia.

I reckon with a black Jeep you can get away with any colour, good luck!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DoneandDone
I'm running Cooper ATR 315/70R17 and they are a good all round tyre they could be more aggressive though, wish we had Duratrac in Australia.

I reckon with a black Jeep you can get away with any colour, good luck!
They do sell them here. A friend just put a set on his parado and there is no reason you can't order a set from tirerack.com and get them sent over.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by reddragon

They do sell them here. A friend just put a set on his parado and there is no reason you can't order a set from tirerack.com and get them sent over.
Nice. Thanks.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

So... an update, of sorts. Here is a swatch of what the bronze color will look like (approximate):

I made a valid attempt at circling the swatch (image) with black to give myself a better idea of the intended color combination.

The wheels arrived at the coater earlier this week. It looks like they are about a week ahead of schedule (as of now).
Old 10-13-2011, 07:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Looking forward to seeing how they turn out. Can't wait!

Quick Reply: I Ordered New Wheels Today...