Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

I need your help! and suggestions!

Old 03-11-2010, 02:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation I need your help! and suggestions!

Ok, below you will see where I have a small ding that came with my new JK. Didn't notice it until it was parked in the shade one day.....NOW I notice it all the time...and it bugs me really bad. It can't be paintless dent removed, because it is right where the weld is....it might even be a weld dimple....who knows. The dealership would want to paint the whole entire door, but I much rather not go through that......if I can cover it up........I thought maybe Quadratec might have something that sticks on that area to protect the upper door, but no go.
I've been wanting to do some sort of design on my JK, but haven't figured out what would look good. I would like to cover this mark at the same time. I have seen on the older wranglers where the upper back portion of the doors are blacked out and the stripe continues on the hood and goes back towards the rear. I was wondering if anyone could photoshop some sort of striping or design that would cover up that darn mark!
I need all your help and input! Any pics welcome!!!

Last edited by stonewhite; 03-11-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you circle it in ms paint or something? Just leave it. If you plan on using your Jeep you will accumulate dings and dents here and there. It just happens. Just wait till another car opens their door into it. I had a similar dent from the dealership and I still notice it, but since I have lots of scratches and dents its no biggie. It'll wear off your shoulders sooner or later. In the meantime put a sticker over it.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

I don't intend on getting more marks on my rig....I park where other people don't.....
Old 03-11-2010, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stonewhite
I don't intend on getting more marks on my rig....I park where other people don't.....
sooo that means you bought a rubicon not to wheel it???
Old 03-11-2010, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I knew what you could put there. Maybe some kind of sticker, or use this as an excuse to get half doors ha! I got a small ding last week when my bro walked away from the unstrapped door and the mirror came around and hit right below the window pillar. First real dent and it bugs the crap out of me everytime I see it. Its a jeep though and adds character I guess. Rather it be from something on the trail instead of getting it while parked in the driveway
Old 03-12-2010, 03:06 AM
JK Freak

I've wheeled my other rig (Hummer) and don't even have a scratch or ding on that yet......I'm usually pretty careful....it just sucks that it came from Jeep that way. I'll try and get a pic later today....
Old 03-12-2010, 03:31 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkrat
Take the doors off You'll never notice it.If you have the rubirails there is not much to protect the side off you jeep from road or trail debri,wait till you see what your doorhinges look like in a few monthes
Yeah, I'm planning on taking the doors off once the weather warms up a bit more. As far as door hinges....if you are talking about rust, you should get some product called Fluid Film. I've sprayed all my vehicles with it.....and they look like they are brand new after a winter.....I sprayed every hing on the Jeep and it keeps it perfect!
Old 03-12-2010, 03:32 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by stonewhite
It's a ton more fun to drive where other people don't. Do that, get some trail rash, use that JK for what it was designed to do.

Quick Reply: I need your help! and suggestions!