Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

I hit a pole

Old 10-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I hit a pole

Backed up into a 6" steel pole filled with cement up in Tehachapi last weekend. I was making a U-turn like I've done a good 20-30 times in the 2 years we've been goin to Tehachapi Mtn Park and the pole was right in my blind spot. :/ Here's some pics. We'll be fixin up the fiberglass this weekend. Just replaced the windshield today.

lol I lost the picture of the pole, but I't looked like this. The platform was to hold the gate.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch! It really sucks when damage isn't from a cool story or something like that.

Hopefully you can get her all fixed up... also post up what the new rear window will cost... I had to replace a side hardtop window for the 4door and it was a little over $300 installed.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:53 PM
JK Jedi

Oooooooooooh ouch!!!! Sorry to hear about that... Looks like the top took some good amount of damage too...
Old 10-28-2009, 02:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Before doing anything, get a damage assessment. Then compare how much damages cost to perhaps aftermarket parts you may like. It looks from the pics that you may be be able to squeeze the money for a steel rear bumper, perhaps some corner armor, and maybe even a Wild Boar hard top? Just a thought.

Just saying, when I had my TJ I ran over the mailbox. Instead of having the body shop repair my dents and everything, I bought poison spyder corner armor to cover up the damage. One of my best investments ever, and it never would have happened if I had looked behind me in the first place.

Sometimes an accident needs to happen in order to turn what you want into a necessity.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can tell by this pic that I barely clipped the window, but it was enough to shatter the sucker.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by john smack
Ouch! It really sucks when damage isn't from a cool story or something like that.

Hopefully you can get her all fixed up... also post up what the new rear window will cost... I had to replace a side hardtop window for the 4door and it was a little over $300 installed.
Yeah seriously, I cant say it was from rolling on the Rubicon or having a 5" chunk of hail smash through while storm chasing. The cost was $495 out the door.
Originally Posted by RN M OVR
Before doing anything, get a damage assessment. Then compare how much damages cost to perhaps aftermarket parts you may like. It looks from the pics that you may be be able to squeeze the money for a steel rear bumper, perhaps some corner armor, and maybe even a Wild Boar hard top? Just a thought.

Just saying, when I had my TJ I ran over the mailbox. Instead of having the body shop repair my dents and everything, I bought poison spyder corner armor to cover up the damage. One of my best investments ever, and it never would have happened if I had looked behind me in the first place.

Sometimes an accident needs to happen in order to turn what you want into a necessity.

To save a repost, we did take a good look at all of our options. We just happened to call the right guy today who quoted us half the cost of our insurance. I even considered the wildboar fastback.

Last edited by JKid; 10-28-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ouch
Old 10-28-2009, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Those damn poles jump right out in front of you.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:46 PM
JK Junkie

Soft top for the win!!!

Sucks when you get damaged, not on the trail...
Old 10-28-2009, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

dang man i hate to hear that.

BUT we'll give you a chance to come up with a better more exciting story
Old 10-28-2009, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

ouch!! some AEV corners will cover that up

Quick Reply: I hit a pole