Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

I hate people working on my Jeep

Old 11-12-2012, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate people working on my Jeep

So I had that stupid little clip that attaches to the transfer case break. Called Jeep to make sure they had some on hand, they did and told me it was covered under warranty, so I let them fix it.... here's how it looked.

Then I was stupid enough to let them change the oil (it was a $25 oil change) they didn't put the oil cap back on. I've been driving arround for almost 3 weeks with out an oil cap, and it's been snowing! The oil cap was pinned between the hood and jeep itself.

To make things even better I had my wife drop off the Jeep at Big O to get the tires rotated (it's free and I had a busy week with little time to do it myself). They couldn't even follow a simple 5 tire rotation.

Sorry to vent but all this has happened in the last 3 weeks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3713582303.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	387969   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2231871489.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	387970  

Last edited by junoh; 11-12-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

I feel for ya man. When I bought my new tires and rims I took it to the dealership so they could change them.

They broke 3 out of 5 of my TPMS. When I told them about it they said it was inevitable.. Not just that, I went back one week later to complain about it and they said they couldn't do anything about it since they had fired the guy that worked on it at that time. :(
So not only do they take forever, but they break stuff too without paying you back. One would think that paying $30,000 is enough to guarantee 5 star service.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I feel for you. I had the dealership where my mom got her JK do my oil change. They messed up my oil plug so bad I had to get another one when I when to do it myself a few months later. I am very hesitant as to who touches my car to work on. I will not let anyone work on my classic mini unless it is a guy in my mini club who actually works on them. I can do most things myself so I do them.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:12 PM
JK Junkie

I know how you feel man. If you want it done right, you gotta do it youself.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default crappy dealers

Why does it not surprise me that in three different states that there are three crappy dealerships ? Just imagine how many we have not heard of ! My jeep had a recall to replace my transmission cooler lines , when I went to pick it up , there was a pool of fluid under my jeep . I told them there work was for shit , and I would expect to have that kind of work at any crappy repair place , not at a dealer .I made them clean the under side of the jeep , and check the fluid . another time at another dealer in California , I had another recall on trimming the front inner fender skirts away from the brake lines because they rub and could end up cutting thru the lines , they did such a hack job , you wouldn't even believe what they looked like when they were done ! They looked like a mad dog chewed them off , I went home and cleaned them up my self . Another time , again in Cali. , when my jeep was new I brought it in to have it detailed , when I went back to pick it up , they had used a rusty razor blade on the windshield and scratched the crap out of it . It was so bad , I had them replace the windshield ! I have more horror stories about jeep dealers but , now I'm getting all worked up , so I'll quit now before I kick the dog ! (just kidding , I'd never kick my dog !)
Old 11-12-2012, 05:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dahreno
...now I'm getting all worked up , so I'll quit now before I kick the dog ! (just kidding , I'd never kick my dog !)
Now that's funny... I never kick my dog either

Quick Reply: I hate people working on my Jeep