Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

I got iM-PACted

Old 07-08-2009, 05:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New M-PAC Seat Rack (Prototype)

Last week I ended up going to Oskaloosa to visit with Doc at Springtail Solutions because he needed someone with a JK to measure for some new items, and I also had a few problems that I thought he could help out with that we have been e-mailing back and forth about for a few weeks now. My main issue was that I wanted more organization than what I had, and more than what was offered by just his swing gate rack. I also wanted to get my fire extinguisher off of my roll bar since I wanted it to be closer to me as the driver so in case of an emergency it would be more handy. We ended up doing some measuring and he had a prototype rack for another vehicle that ended up being the perfect size for the back seat and would do exactly what I wanted. The rack itself is 31" in length, and the sheet metal in the rear of the back seat is 30.5" so there isn't a lot of room for error while drilling. Also since I am sure someone will either ask this, or try it the sheet metal itself isn't the strongest so I would only reccomend placing lighter items on the rack, and not trying to use it to mount a Power Tank to, or something similar (something is in the works for this that Doc measured for, but that is al I will say at the moment unless he wants to let the cat out of the bag).

I know that while we were talking about this rack he mentioned that to go into production he needed at least 30 to 50 people interested to put this into production, so if you want one let Doc know. Going into this I wansn't too sure about M-PAC since I hadn't worked with it before, but I can say that all of the Spring Tail Solustions items are top notch.

Here are some pictures of the rack empty for the seat empty and in the upright position.

Here are some pictures of the rack empty with the seat folded.

Here is a picture of the rack filled with the seat up. I have all of my emergency gear mounted here where it will be handy (first aid kit, fire extinguisher, jacket, towels, water, etc…)

And the seat folded.

And here is my gate rack. I didn't take empty pictures since there are a few of those floating around here. I have all of my recovery gear mounted on this rack.

I can't say this enough, but thatnks Doc for all the help, and the great customer service.

Last edited by Littlejon; 07-08-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Looks good, like the way you mounted it......now I want a 4dr!!
Old 07-08-2009, 05:57 PM
JK Junkie

It probably could be fitted to a 2 door pretty easilly.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Littlejon
No worries, the wife wants a 4dr JK so next spring we are trading in the Avenger R/T for a Black Sahara Unlimited.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Littlejon
the rear seat would'nt fold up on a 2 door. Pretty cool idea though!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Awesome man! I want one!
Old 07-09-2009, 06:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by travis.williams9
Awesome man! I want one!
If you PM Doc (Hindsight) from Springtail he could probably get you set up, and it probably won't cost too much either. The rack on the seat is the rack he has been working on for an F250 if I remember right. I am hoping there will be enough interest to make a matching rack for the smaller side of the seat.

Last edited by Littlejon; 07-09-2009 at 07:43 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 07-09-2009, 10:28 AM
JK Jedi

Nice! I get my tailgate rack this week!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Looks great!

Quick Reply: I got iM-PACted