Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

I was finally settles with how she looked and BAM

Old 04-13-2010, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was finally settled with how she looked and BAM

I get T Boned making a left on a green arrow around 9pm. Chick ran the red and direct hit to my front passenger side wheel. I estimated she was doing about 35. My JK didnt even move at all. From the inside youd have no idea.

Cop cited her so hopefully this insurance process is not too painful. Thankfully I have USAA on my side.

Last edited by MikeyB; 04-13-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:44 AM
JK Freak

Damn that doesn't look good.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:48 AM
JK Freak

jeeps seem to do very good in accidents espcially with lifts and massive heepin tires
Old 04-13-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

I keep seeing Jeeps after an accident and I'm amazed how well they fare against what hit them. I'm glad you're okay. Maybe you can get a new mod out of the deal.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ouch
Old 04-13-2010, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Worried about shop+insurance fixing it. Not sure how it will go with aftermarket wheels and lift components. Called them today and they said they dont deal with aftermarket wheels and lifts and they use stock parts. But in order for them to work, the rear will also need to be switched over since it cant run piece mailed.

Anybody have advice on how to deal with that
Old 04-13-2010, 11:09 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyB
Worried about shop+insurance fixing it. Not sure how it will go with aftermarket wheels and lift components. Called them today and they said they dont deal with aftermarket wheels and lifts and they use stock parts. But in order for them to work, the rear will also need to be switched over since it cant run piece mailed. Anybody have advice on how to deal with that
The accident wasn't your fault. You don't have to deal with USAA at all (unless she didn't have insurance). You're dealing with her insurance company. She is liable for every bit of damage to your vehicle, and her insurance company is bound into returning you to your original status. If they told you to use a body shop that can't do the work, ask them for another shop. They have to provide you a shop that is competent for the work to be performed. If they won't go along, pay a visit to a lawyer.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
The accident wasn't your fault. You don't have to deal with USAA at all (unless she didn't have insurance). You're dealing with her insurance company. She is liable for every bit of damage to your vehicle, and her insurance company is bound into returning you to your original status. If they told you to use a body shop that can't do the work, ask them for another shop. They have to provide you a shop that is competent for the work to be performed. If they won't go along, pay a visit to a lawyer.
^^ This

Don't let them prorate anything either. Insurance companies are in the money making business not the money spending business so they will try to screw you at every corner possible.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

X2 on all the above, also keep in mind. The insurance adjuster will be buddy buddy with you. They'll make it sound like they are giving everything you are askig for. Look beyond it.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks like you need to recenter your axle! Try an adjustable track bar!

But in all seriousness, glad everyone is ok, and I empathize for your situation. Sucks to be in an accident, sucks even more that it happened your rig... good luck with insurance and all, just keep on them and you should be able to get it resolved.

Quick Reply: I was finally settles with how she looked and BAM