Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

I finally got jerry cans mounted on my XRC and painted some of the interior

Old 06-21-2010, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qzing01
I used the rock hard mounts and had the passenger side shortened just a little. I am having the cans painted but just cant decide what color to go with. Suggestions wanted!!! I also started in on painting the gauge surrounds and dash pieces.

Well done...your surrounds are awesome !! Also, you may have a missing Hinge Pin Bracket (see JPTHANG).
Old 06-21-2010, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

good eye!!... Smittybilt is actually sending me out a new lower bumper because of some damage during shipping on this one. I just couldnt wait to see what it looked like on the jeep.

Originally Posted by mscedro2
Well done...your surrounds are awesome !! Also, you may have a missing Hinge Pin Bracket (see JPTHANG).
Old 06-21-2010, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. I appreciate all the help and how fast you got the parts to me.

Originally Posted by Bustabizz
Nice! The Jeep looks good.

I am Bustabizz, I do sales at 4 Wheel Drive Hardware (www.4wd.com). Give me a call.

Im gonna google Bustabizz and see what fun stuff pops up....
Old 06-21-2010, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bustabizz
Nice! The Jeep looks good.

I am Bustabizz, I do sales at 4 Wheel Drive Hardware (www.4wd.com). Give me a call.

Im gonna google Bustabizz and see what fun stuff pops up....
ah, now this makes sense.

thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

Looks sweet! I can't wait to the rock hard racks.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by qzing01
Thanks sm_rubi Your rig was what I copied I am having a custom build trail rack done instead of going with the rock hard one.. hopefully it turns out good.
Make sure you share those pics as well cuz I'm sure it's going to turn out great! If you do what I did and add a mount for your HighLift I'd recommend locating in higher up (maybe on the outside of the rack versus the down tubes) because it'll block what little vision there is.

Also, I had some tabs mounts for lights added and now I'm rethinking that decision and will most likely remove them but if you do a lot of night runs it might come in handy but for me it didn't do much. Also, I added a mount for my Firestik on the rack but since the RH Tank Mount has an antenna mount that was a waste and I don't use it...but it was fun customizing it just as the same.

Have fun with your trail rack project...can't wait to see how it turns out!
Old 06-21-2010, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great! I didn't think I'd like messing with the interior colors, but that looks sharp. I'd do it if I had some rescue green layin' around.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Former Member

looks good...not a huge fan of matching the interior to the exterior, but looks like you did a quality job, so kudos to you. I would recommend matching the jerry cans to the green exterior though, i think it would tie the green and black theme together nicely... thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply: I finally got jerry cans mounted on my XRC and painted some of the interior