Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

I finally got jerry cans mounted on my XRC and painted some of the interior

Old 06-21-2010, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I finally got jerry cans mounted on my XRC and painted some of the interior

I used the rock hard mounts and had the passenger side shortened just a little. I am having the cans painted but just cant decide what color to go with. Suggestions wanted!!! I also started in on painting the gauge surrounds and dash pieces.

I thought this turned out pretty good.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:53 AM
HV
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by qzing01
I used the rock hard mounts and had the passenger side shortened just a little. I am having the cans painted but just cant decide what color to go with. Suggestions wanted!!! I also started in on painting the gauge surrounds and dash pieces.

I thought this turned out pretty good.

nice job were did you get the jerry can holder
Old 06-21-2010, 11:16 AM
JK Newbie

Also how did you paint your dash? The reason i am asking is I have some pretty bad scarring on my dash that I would like to "buff" or paint out so it isn't so noticable. Looks great!
JK Enthusiast

Thanks... Bustabizz set me up with the mounts and the cans. Fastest shipping I have ever seen!!!

Originally Posted by harold
nice job were did you get the jerry can holder
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Turned out great! You can do the same thing (shorten the down tube) with the Rock Hard trail rack. I opted to not shorten the pass. side tank mount as I plan to use the available space but I love how your's turned out! Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. I had scratches all over the passenger side. I didnt sand anything. I just used some plastic etcher first. Let that dry, did a few coats of color match paint and put three coats of UPol clear coat on.

Originally Posted by RockyBlue
Also how did you paint your dash? The reason i am asking is I have some pretty bad scarring on my dash that I would like to "buff" or paint out so it isn't so noticable. Looks great!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks sm_rubi Your rig was what I copied I am having a custom build trail rack done instead of going with the rock hard one.. hopefully it turns out good.

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Turned out great! You can do the same thing (shorten the down tube) with the Rock Hard trail rack. I opted to not shorten the pass. side tank mount as I plan to use the available space but I love how your's turned out! Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:36 AM
JK Freak

Thanks... Bustabizz set me up with the mounts and the cans. Fastest shipping I have ever seen!!!
whats this bustabizz? I googled it and cant find anything. is it a person or a company? these holders are pretty awesome! definitely interested in them!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Man, that looks sweet! I wish I could get something like that but I think I have the wrong bumper for it!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Former Member

Nice! The Jeep looks good.

I am Bustabizz, I do sales at 4 Wheel Drive Hardware (www.4wd.com). Give me a call.

Im gonna google Bustabizz and see what fun stuff pops up....

Quick Reply: I finally got jerry cans mounted on my XRC and painted some of the interior