Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

I finally get to join the Jeep club!! 09' Unlimited Rubicon

Old 02-17-2009, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the Rubicon club!

After seeing those golf carts - how long will it remain stock?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:01 AM
JK Jedi

Nice JK, congrats!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

That golf cart is bad ass. How much did you sell it for?

O yea. Nice Jeep. Welcome to the forum.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepin08
nice jeep and holy crap on the other toys! Never seen one that big
Thats what my girlfriend said.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

First I have to say that my wife has got to be the most understanding woman out there. She lets me do all these crazy costly things over and over again.

Secondly, this forum has been a HUGE inspiration to me and I can't tell you how much I appreciate everyone's comments and tips. Without the hours and hours of research I've done here, there would have been absolutley no way for me to have picked all the right components that fit my needs. Also, scottg07 has been a great help in answering alot of my questions.

KNOCK ON WOOD.....my Jeep goes in this weekend for the Teraflex 6" Elite Long Arm kit, some sort of coil spacer, Teraflex drive shafts, some 5.13 gears and 39.5" or 40" tires on 20" wheels. I haven't decided exact size of tire or style of wheel yet except that the wheels will have an all black finish. In that size and finish the selection is limited. I'm going to do all the accessories in black since it'll be a huge pain to get some things in black, some in chrome, some powedercoated, etc.

I also found the Smittybilt line of JK accessories on sale online for 20% off. So I'm ordering the XRC front pre-runner bumper with winch plate and lower skid, XRC rear bumper with hitch and tire carrier and the new XRC all steel flat fenders rather than the Xenon style. I'll get all these installed after it comes back from the lift shop. I'm also going to try the MORE body lift once it gets back after reading the great Project-JK write-up on how simple it is to install.

All in all I should get about 9"-10" of lift considering the Teraflex kit runs taller in combination to the small spacer and body lift.

Like I said though, fingers crossed.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good choice going with Teraflex you now have the best customer service in the world on your side..

Are you planing on rock crawling with your JK? If so I would not go any taller than just the lift. Your moving your center of gravity to high with 9" to 10" of lift.

With 40" tires you will want the 5:38 not 5:13.....unless of course your installing a Hemi too!

Last edited by whpony96; 02-18-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds Awesome Man. ScottG07 had the nicest looking rig on here IMO(besides my own), and I'm glad to hear your going with 20's. I wish I had instead of 18's, but be careful......there are some that arent going to like the big wheels.

Cant wait to see pics. Make sure you post some ASAP!

Quick Reply: I finally get to join the Jeep club!! 09' Unlimited Rubicon