Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Hutchinson beadlocks and a little trail damage

Old 02-10-2010, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hutchinson beadlocks and a little trail damage

Well....baby got new shoes!!! Hutchinson Beadlocks and some really agressive 37's!!

Here is what she looked like at the begining of the day, while streaching and once we got home!!

Guess I need to adjust the bumpstops a little. She was alread on 37's but the spacers for the wheels pushed them out a little and one good stuff was all it took!!

Old 02-10-2010, 08:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man you make me want to pull the trigger on 37's now your rig looks great I say its time for a fender trim
Old 02-10-2010, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats brent_f70, it looks great.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:42 PM
JK Newbie

which Maxxis tire did you go with? It looks like the Creepy Krawler. How do you like them on the road?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:49 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry one more question can you take a few more pics of the new tires and wheels a little closer. By the way they look really good on there
Old 02-10-2010, 10:13 PM
JK Freak

yah man iwas gunna go 38 with my 5.5 RK lift but now i will go 37 since i wanna keep stock fenders!!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by gilbo943
which Maxxis tire did you go with? It looks like the Creepy Krawler. How do you like them on the road?
Originally Posted by gilbo943
Sorry one more question can you take a few more pics of the new tires and wheels a little closer. By the way they look really good on there
Actually they are red label tires, Competition compound Trepadors...... I got a smoking deal on them mounted but never used on brand new rims. I have about $500 in the tires so I decided to run them all the time.
I still have my BFG Krawlers but these tires are awesome. They perform like crazy, even in the snow. I have been running them on the street while home on vacation and they perform better on the road than my Krawlers did even my wife noticed the smoother ride. I have not seen any additional wear on them but I live in Colorado and it is so cold that the soft compound felt more like a regular tire.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

What size spacer are you using and was it necessary to run it with the 37" to get the proper clearance?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:23 PM
JK Super Freak

This is one sick rig. I love the top dollar mods. If I were rich, this would be very similar to how my rig would look. Well done! The wheels and tires are great. When you say you have $500 into the tires are you saying per tire or what? I was under the impression those Maxxis tires are on par with BFG Baja T/As or Krawlers...I know they are entirely different tires, but they are in the same league...
Old 02-11-2010, 09:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Luke M
What size spacer are you using and was it necessary to run it with the 37" to get the proper clearance?
spacers are 1.25 inches thick I tried to get as narrow of a space/adapter as I could, they were not necessary to run 37....I already had 37 inch Krawlers on there with different wheels. . I bought these wheels 5x5.5 to go with the Atomic Axels that I will be installing soon but wanted to run them while I was home on leave this time so I needed adapters to match the JK 5x5 lug pattern.
I really didn't want to space the wheels out too much because of the added fatigue and leverage on the D44's but couldn't resist running the wheel and tire combo, I mean come on how could you let these sit in the garage when you have MOUNTAINS to climb!!!.

Originally Posted by joneszj
This is one sick rig. I love the top dollar mods. If I were rich, this would be very similar to how my rig would look. Well done! The wheels and tires are great. When you say you have $500 into the tires are you saying per tire or what? I was under the impression those Maxxis tires are on par with BFG Baja T/As or Krawlers...I know they are entirely different tires, but they are in the same league...
Thanks, there is a lot of money in my rig BUT unless I total it this Jeep will be my daily driver for a LONG time to come!! Next up a 6.4 hemi and Atomic Axels!!
I have about 500 total in those tires because I got a Great deal from a person who was having a hard time moving the combo. Yes the tires are on par with Krawlers in price but ...ABSOLUTELY blow the Krawlers out of the water on performance. I have a set of 37 inch Krawlers sitting in my garage that I took off to install these so I feel I can comfortably give an honest assesment of both and the Krawlers are NOT in the same league as a competition compound Maxxis when it comes to traction and appearance. These tires are the baddest tires I have ever had the pleasure of wheelin and when you stop at a red light with these on your Jeep EVERYONE takes notice

Last edited by brent_f70; 02-11-2010 at 09:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Hutchinson beadlocks and a little trail damage