Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Humvee tires, show em' if ya got them?

Old 09-18-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blacknblue2002
I love the look of the millitary wheels....if its cost effective to make them fit I'd say go for it....and you can always buy the H1 tires on ebay for cheap

Yeah im just waiting on price for the adapters, my max ill pay on adapters is 350 bucks, since its 250 for pressed centers plus labor to have them installed. As for tires, most on ebay are overpriced after shipped, I can get 5 37" radials shipped to my door for just under 500 bucks, thats shipping and tires, plus the tires have 90% tread.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by fastrat350
BREAKTHROUGH!!!!!

Well i found some pics of some really nice looking JK's running the Military tires(H1) first picture is with a custom rim that is 16.5 with 5x5 bolt pattern, im waiting for pricing on these

Do you know who makes these wheels????
Old 09-18-2009, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07JeepXK

Not yet, but I will find out, for the mean time i got a reply on just the adapters, no word yet on the wheels from the owner but I'll ask him who made them for him......the guy im talking to about gave me the info on the adapters but not yet on the wheels, since he did both setups, the custom wheel he had made and also the adapters for the silver JK.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07JeepXK

PM sent on the manufacture of these wheels along with pricing, if anyone else wants to know info PM me for info
Old 05-23-2010, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

bump i would like to see any rigs with the humvee tires
Old 05-23-2010, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

ok if i would have seen this when i was upstate i could have look at the humvee tire i check them out next drill and i let you dude know the brand and size and take a few pics too
Old 05-23-2010, 02:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you have the rims handy, and are getting the tires for next to free, don't bother.

They are E-Rated so they will ride like rocks, the compound is extremely hard, so they don't provide much grip, and overall are not great tires.

A lot of guys run them because they are cheap, and a lot of FSJ's came stock with 16.5 wheels.

As for the wheels, they will have to be recentered. And if they are the 12 bolt wheels, they are worth recentering and running. If they are the 8 bolts, don't bother.

Last edited by Robar; 05-23-2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Edited competing forum
Old 05-07-2011, 01:52 AM
JK Freak

Motorsport Tech makes adapters for the Jk's to fit H1 wheels, and run 300 bucks a set. This setup looks really nice, the trick to getting a decent ride on the road with these tires is to run them at lower pressure, just like my brother running semi wheels and tires on his superduty. When my 35's wear out towards the end of the year, I may go this route, i love the look of the setup and price wise falls in line of going 37's with my current 16" wheels. By the time I need to replace tires, I'll be replacing my ball-joints anyways

Here are the adapters on a Jeep JK

You gotta admit that looks sweet, J8 look anyone?
Old 05-07-2011, 09:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastrat350
Motorsport Tech makes adapters for the Jk's to fit H1 wheels, and run 300 bucks a set. This setup looks really nice, the trick to getting a decent ride on the road with these tires is to run them at lower pressure, just like my brother running semi wheels and tires on his superduty. When my 35's wear out towards the end of the year, I may go this route, i love the look of the setup and price wise falls in line of going 37's with my current 16" wheels. By the time I need to replace tires, I'll be replacing my ball-joints anyways

Here are the adapters on a Jeep JK

You gotta admit that looks sweet, J8 look anyone?
Oh you can buy them for dirt cheap, wheel and tires together. Even after the adapters, it would be cheap than a set of new 37's. But new 37's will perform 10 thousand times better than those good years. Its also a very heavy combo that I would be leery about using 3" spacers.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Yeah it's something I will think towards the end of the year, though I can get 37" falken wildpeaks just under a grand

Quick Reply: Humvee tires, show em' if ya got them?