Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

humm this

Old 06-06-2008, 11:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have nothing against hummers and the one above is very nicely modified.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ruggedh2
You guys crack me up here.

Taking pics of your modified (lifted rigs with bigger tires) next to factory stock base models is funny.

Pretty subjective stuff here. In the spirit of objectivity I took some pics at a dealer that does my alignment.

Here's how it looks when the Hummer is lifted (4" with 38 x 14.50 tires) next to a stock Rubicon.

I have another one of me picking a tree limb off my Hi-Lift jack (mounted to my roof rack) from Moab. Big isn't always what it's cracked up to be.
I'd really like to tell you "hey nice H2" but based on your post you seem a little defensive or the type that would say "yeah I know" ...if I'm wrong then hey you have a nice H2 . Finally a built H2, I've seen a whopping 3 of those in the Houston area in 7 years, nice to see someone build one up.

I don't think anyone is comparing a built Rubi to a stock to pick on them, rather the point being "WHAT A FREAKING DIFFERENCE" it makes just building one up. Your H2 next to a stock H2 would make a cool pic.

Now on a funny note you really have a pic of you picking a tree limb off your h2? Now that's hard core wheeling man, post that pic already

Seriously though I like your sig link, must be nice to live in an awesome place to wheel and good to see some great Hummer wheeling pics as you posted.

Last edited by SASQUATCH; 06-06-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
I'd really like to tell you "hey nice H2" but based on your post you seem a little defensive or the type that would say "yeah I know" ...if I'm wrong then hey you have a nice H2 . Finally a built H2, I've seen a whopping 3 of those in the Houston area in 7 years, nice to see someone build one up.

I don't think anyone is comparing a built Rubi to a stock to pick on them, rather the point being "WHAT A FREAKING DIFFERENCE" it makes just building one up. Your H2 next to a stock H2 would make a cool pic.

Now on a funny note you really have a pic of you picking a tree limb off your h2? Now that's hard core wheeling man, post that pic already

Seriously though I like your sig link, must be nice to live in an awesome place to wheel and good to see some great Hummer wheeling pics as you posted.
I'm not defensive....... I realize I'm on a Jeep site.

Just trying to keep it real.

Thanks on the compliment. I think many Jeepers really do believe that Hummers are not capable......... In case that's one of you........ that's not accurate.

I do envy the flex of Jeeps (Hummers don't flex much) but in all seriousness........ it's the size and weight that I really envy. It takes a lot to get this behemoth over the same rocks Jeeps climb.

These are from a couple weeks ago (Memorial Day weekend) on Strike Ravine. All the Jeeps are lifted, the silver ones have 35's, the green one has beadlocked 37's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1467 (Small).JPG
Views:	326
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	9841

Name:	IMG_1468 (Small).JPG
Views:	332
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	9842

Name:	IMG_1473 (Small).JPG
Views:	322
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	9843

Name:	Strike Ravine (Small).JPG
Views:	327
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	9845

Name:	Tree on Strike Ravine (Small).JPG
Views:	329
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	9846
Old 06-06-2008, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I get a real good kick out of people that think that the HMMWV is the end all be all of factory off-road vehicles. Independent suspension front and rear makes it pretty squirrelly in off-camber situations, the Gov-lock diffs like to explode, it weighs way too much, etc. etc, I've been driving them for the Army for the past ten years. I taught the off-road driving course for my unit when I was at Ft. Hood, TX. I've driven them in mud, rocks, sand, and high-speed highway. They are not a desirable vehicle.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Nice ride - how much did you have to pay after the H2 trade in?

Just kidding - that's a tough looking H2 and based on your picks, looks are not deceiving.
You guys crack me up here.

Taking pics of your modified (lifted rigs with bigger tires) next to factory stock base models is funny.

Pretty subjective stuff here. In the spirit of objectivity I took some pics at a dealer that does my alignment.

Here's how it looks when the Hummer is lifted (4" with 38 x 14.50 tires) next to a stock Rubicon.

Attachment 9836

Attachment 9837

Attachment 9838

Here is a closer apples to apples shot, I was told the JK was lifted 6".

Attachment 9839

Attachment 9840

I have another one of me picking a tree limb off my Hi-Lift jack (mounted to my roof rack) from Moab. Big isn't always what it's cracked up to be.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Nice pics again Rugged, man I'd never have to go on long distant excursions if I lived in CO or Utah, just can't imagine having something so close.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Sasquatch,

I took these from another site. I wasn't there with these guys, but it's from Katemcy Rocks in Texas. Looks like a kick in the ass place.

Name:	056 (Small).jpg
Views:	327
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	9847

Name:	057 (Small).jpg
Views:	316
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	9848

http://katemcyrocks.com/

Last edited by ruggedh2; 06-06-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey Sasquatch,

I took these from another site. I wasn't there with these guys, but it's from Katemcy Rocks in Texas. Looks like a kick in the ass place.

Attachment 9847

Attachment 9848

http://katemcyrocks.com/
wierd..I just see text and not a pic or pic url, etc. I look forward to a Katemcy trip late this year.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See this guy uses his H2 unlike the majority of the owners! I love to see these H2s drive by!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:05 PM
JK Junkie

yeah it's hard for us Jk's to pull those big ole hummers out when they get stuck all the time.

Quick Reply: humm this