Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

humm this

Old 04-10-2008, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yellowrubi
DUKE, nice JK are those 35s?
35's (stock) on the H2
37's on the JK
Old 04-10-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Captain
You can legally have a JK on the street, so why did you trailer it?
Why trailer the Jeep?

1. The Hummer is way more comfortable.

2. I can wheel hard without worrying about breakage, as I can always have a way to get home.

3. Kids in the back seat of the H2 watching TV or playing Playstation never ask, "are we there yet?"

4. I like to see the look on fellow Jeepers faces when I pull up to a Jeep Jamboree...........

5. Did I mention the H2 is way more comfortable?

6. I like to carry more parts, more food, more toys, etc.....than the JK can carry......you know the Boy Scout motto.......Be Prepared.

7. Because I can.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AussieJK
Well wat goes better off-road or is the the hummer a mall crawler?
I'm pretty sure every one on this board has a pretty good idea which is the better offroader.........one hint......its the one on the trailer.

The Hummer does get wheeled lightly though. Heck it comes stock outfitted better than most Jeeps....... 6.0V8 / 4.10 gears / Rear electric locker / 4.1 t-case / 35's / rock rails / air compressor / front and rear receiver hitches / etc...... With it I've attended a couple of Hummer events and guided a couple of Hummer Happenings, which the Hummer equal to a Jeep Jamboree.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Agreed.

Originally Posted by Duke
Why trailer the Jeep?

1. The Hummer is way more comfortable.

2. I can wheel hard without worrying about breakage, as I can always have a way to get home.

3. Kids in the back seat of the H2 watching TV or playing Playstation never ask, "are we there yet?"

4. I like to see the look on fellow Jeepers faces when I pull up to a Jeep Jamboree...........

5. Did I mention the H2 is way more comfortable?

6. I like to carry more parts, more food, more toys, etc.....than the JK can carry......you know the Boy Scout motto.......Be Prepared.

7. Because I can.

I agree with you Duke.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

My Jeep plays just fine with HMMWV's. H2 and H3's are a nouther story!

Old 04-16-2008, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

My H2 and H3 play fine with Jeeps.

The Jeeps do have advantages over the Hummers. The Jeeps are smaller and lighter, they articulate better, and have better visibility. The solid axles of the Jeep can be hammered on harder.

The Hummers can run hard trails too, sometimes it's a little more work to get it done, but it can be. There are times that the longer and wider wheelbase of the H2 is an advantage, (but not often enough).

There are trails that I think a lifted locked JK can run that an H2 probably shouldn't try. Pritchett Canyon in Moab is an example. My H2 might be able to make it, but if I broke......nobody else I wheel with has anything big enough (and capable enough) to drag it all the way out of there for me.

I lifted my H2 and put 38" X 14.50 tires on mine. It's getting a front locker and 4.56 gears this summer. My wife won't let me trade her H3 in on a Rubicon, it's about the comfort for her.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1204 (Small).JPG
Views:	573
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	8073

Last edited by ruggedh2; 04-16-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by neoxxis
The first 2 posts are the best!!!

I really do not like getting the "it's like a small hummer"...
The word "small" should not be in there...!

Nether should like it should be replaced with
BETTER THAN!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you look in the back ground you can see where i was.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:05 AM
JK Super Freak

I love the H1 and H2s are ok, the H3s are like EVERYWHERE here in my area, I drove one, it was ok, couldn't see out of it worth a dang and I hear they are not locked in the front, is that true?
Old 05-07-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default I'm not Alone!

Sweet, so I'm not the only one who's willing to park 75 yards further than I need to just so I can put myself next to a Hummer.

I've definitely seen some pretty well equipped H2s & H3s, so I'm sure they CAN be capable . . . . but the mall-crawler ratio is high enough that I don't feel bad about my smug sense of superiority (no offense, Duke).

--

Quick Reply: humm this