Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

humm this

Old 06-07-2008, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's mine...
Old 06-07-2008, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Perhaps he meant on the trail?

As for civilian duty, h2s are darn comfy. I love my JK, but if I had to ride shotgun on a long road trip in the backseat I'd want to be in the Hummer.

I really don't get the rivalry personally, as it's all about personal preference. I was deciding between the H2 and the JK and went with the JK, because it was smaller and therefore easier to park in the DC area, and around here H2s are "played out", and I just liked the looks of the Unlimited.

That being said, in this area, you don't see many h2s looking like Ruggedh2s. Looks great.

I think the h3 is a better comparison to the JK in terms of size, cost, etc and that race, is in my opinion not even close as to which one to go with.
Good points and I have weighed that decision myself. For me, I like the uniqueness of my H2, while there may be another out there that looks just like it......... I've never seen it.

The H2 does have a great interior (mine is usually dirty though).

As far as off road advantage........ yep, the JK has many (most). Not all though......... nobody can have all. Some trails are better for long wheelbases..... short wheelbases have the advantage on others. On some trails narrow rigs have an advantage...... on others full sized rigs have an easier time. I've seen long wheelbase pickups outdo a rock buggy on an obstacle..... (granted.... that doesn't happen much) but I don't think anybody can always have all the advantage.

H3's were originally targeted at the Grand Cherokee. H2's were never and have never been in the Wranglers price class. After the H3 came out and Jeep brought out the JK Unlimited 4 door...... the prices have gotten closer and the classes have closed between the models.

The H4 (HX) was supposed to be Hummers shot at taking on the Wrangler........... but who knows now. GM announced it may sell or kill Hummer. The Greenies... the Sierra Club, SUWA and others that hate 4x4's and offroading vehicles in general made Hummer the propaganda target and have been shooting at it for several years now. GM is caving..... NO Mas......No Mas..... in these high oil price times.

I'm curious to see what happens with Jeep....... there are many interesting rumors out there.

The JK Wrangler will survive no matter what.

Last edited by ruggedh2; 06-07-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Labrador
Here's mine...
I like the hearts on the H3's headrests
Old 06-08-2008, 02:49 AM
ksk
JK Enthusiast

What i meant was its better on road, off road, better mpg, more power to weight, cheaper to buy and run etc etc...Dont get me wrong, you got an awesome vehicle there mate...but if i was in your shoes and had that money to spend on an offroader, id build a SUPER JK..

imagine what you could do to a JK with a 70K budget...

For starters id whack a 6.1 HEMI in it...

I truly do respect your attitude on here though, good luck with everything in the future mate..

KSK
Old 06-08-2008, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ksk
What i meant was its better on road, off road, better mpg, more power to weight, cheaper to buy and run etc etc...Dont get me wrong, you got an awesome vehicle there mate...but if i was in your shoes and had that money to spend on an offroader, id build a SUPER JK..

For starters id whack a 6.1 HEMI in it...

I truly do respect your attitude on here though, good luck with everything in the future mate..

KSK
I see your point KSK.......... but the H2 is not really designed to compete with the Wrangler. As I said, it never was.

The Wrangler's main focus is off road...... period. It does that job very well (as far as I'm concerned...... it's the best in the world).

The Hummers are more capable off road than any other vehicles in their classes (including the Jeeps in their classes).

I drive the Hummers off road a lot............ but the majority of the miles they see is on the road. My Hummers do that job very well too. I have kicked around the idea of replacing the H3 with a Rubicon and I still may....... but my wife drives the kids around in the H3 now, and she only takes the H3 on mild off road trips. The H3 is more comfortable for what she needs. She doesn't want to drive the H2 because it is too big.

When I buy my ultimate off road rig (to be towed down to Moab behind the H2) it will look something like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rock buggy (Medium).jpg
Views:	290
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	9881

Click image for larger version

Name:	rock buggy 1 (Medium).jpg
Views:	299
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	9882
Old 06-08-2008, 08:29 AM
JK Junkie

It really is not important how much you paid,what vehicle it is ,how many cool mods you have or any of the comparison BS,the important thing is your out there with your family,and hopefully a young one being introduced to the outdoors is out there having fun and wheeling with you.
i like your hummer by the way,that thing is sweet!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree completely Fish! I've been saying that same thing since I got here. Whether we realize it or not........... we really are in this together if wheeling is your thing.

There is an actual political war going on in my backyard. The far left greenies here with huge national support are fighting to close trails in Moab. If they succeed they will apply the lessons learned to trails in your backyard.

I'm not an activist...... I might speak up on the internet about politics, but I don't get my ass out and campaign in real life. But if these greenies succeed they will destroy my hobby.

Jeeps and Hummers really are on the same side...... you guys drive what you like, I'll do the same...... but when it comes to people telling us what we shouldn't be allowed to do in our own backyards (4x4 our trucks)...... we need to stick together.

Last edited by ruggedh2; 06-08-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ksk
AH yes....but imagine what you could do with and old 80's 4runner with a 1/4 of that!!!

Old 06-08-2008, 10:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
ehh, it's in good humor Rugged, the guy apologizing to you is pretty funny though, what a pansy. Truth is these magnets stay stuck to the wall in my parking spot in my garage, they are magnets so easy on/off, they were a gift from a Jeeper who moved, I've used them for two poser pics, driveway & Galveston seawall, put them on during this expedition just because I said so. Other than that they serve as a momento collecting dust. Yeah if these were on someones rig all the time like you I'd think "hmmm what are they intimidated of or trying to make up for".
Sasquatch, you not supposed to fraternize with the enemy!
Just kidding, thats a nice H2. The sticker is not to compensate ofr anything. A friend with an H3 that I pulled out several times actually got it for me. Its alot of fun to pull in front of the Hummers with 24" rims and watch how fast most of them drift back so the blonde hotties riding with them dont see the sticker. That priceless!
Old 06-08-2008, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My Two Cents

ruggedH2 - NICE

I have to admit I like Hummers (they are usually just too blingy to be taken seriously), but have yet to see one a) built-up or b) without the stupid chrome grille.

Yours wins on both counts. Excellent.

Quick Reply: humm this