Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

humm this

Old 06-06-2008, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fish
yeah it's hard for us Jk's to pull those big ole hummers out when they get stuck all the time.
So far..............that has never happened to me (knock on wood).

The opposite however.............. been there done that.

Besides........ I'm not sure if I ever did get this heavy monster real good and stuck......... if a JK could get me out.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ruggedh2
So far..............that has never happened to me (knock on wood).

The opposite however.............. been there done that.

Besides........ I'm not sure if I ever did get this heavy monster real good and stuck......... if a JK could get me out.
well ya know Rugged I am one of the Offical Hummer Rescue Units...

Old 06-07-2008, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah......

Those types of stickers always make me wonder what the driver thinks he is showing off to everybody else.........

It's awkward when you are wheeling and you come up on someone with one of those........ I've had people try to explain them away as a joke, and even one that actually apologized for having it.

They always make me think that just like the kid in school who's overcompensating for his issues............Hummers must intimidate you pretty bad if you gotta put a sticker on your truck.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ruggedh2
Yeah......

Those types of stickers always make me wonder what the driver thinks he is showing off to everybody else.........

It's awkward when you are wheeling and you come up on someone with one of those........ I've had people try to explain them away as a joke, and even one that actually apologized for having it.

They always make me think that just like the kid in school who's overcompensating for his issues............Hummers must intimidate you pretty bad if you gotta put a sticker on your truck.
ehh, it's in good humor Rugged, the guy apologizing to you is pretty funny though, what a pansy. Truth is these magnets stay stuck to the wall in my parking spot in my garage, they are magnets so easy on/off, they were a gift from a Jeeper who moved, I've used them for two poser pics, driveway & Galveston seawall, put them on during this expedition just because I said so. Other than that they serve as a momento collecting dust. Yeah if these were on someones rig all the time like you I'd think "hmmm what are they intimidated of or trying to make up for".
Old 06-07-2008, 10:52 AM
ksk
JK Enthusiast

Very cool looking rig mate...but you lose against the JK is every respect..and when you put it up against the CRD which has 460 nm torque as standard you get left behind in a major way....good looking rig tho...

KSK
Old 06-07-2008, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

rugged, you have about the sweetest h2 i have seen. i HATE the big/shiney wheel ones. good on you for not being afraid to go off road in a "hummer". i always thought the rescue stickers where all in good fun. i guess it could be a little defensive in that hummers tried to be the best american factory offroader, but so few owners take them out.

i'm in the crowd that grew up with the HMMWV being the sweetest truck there was so it's still my dream, but i think i can settle for a jeep for a while.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ksk
Very cool looking rig mate...but you lose against the JK is every respect..and when you put it up against the CRD which has 460 nm torque as standard you get left behind in a major way....good looking rig tho...

KSK
Thanks..... I appreciate the comments........ Wheelin is wheelin, I couldn't care less what someone brings as long as it's trail worthy and can keep up.

The Hummer loses in every respect? Come on man....... how do they sell these for 70 K then?

I think JK's are bad-ass and I respect them a lot....... but every respect? You gotta be realistic man.

Last edited by ruggedh2; 06-07-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Super Freak

How does the Hummer lose in "every respect"??? Yeah I don't get that either.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Perhaps he meant on the trail?

As for civilian duty, h2s are darn comfy. I love my JK, but if I had to ride shotgun on a long road trip in the backseat I'd want to be in the Hummer.

I really don't get the rivalry personally, as it's all about personal preference. I was deciding between the H2 and the JK and went with the JK, because it was smaller and therefore easier to park in the DC area, and around here H2s are "played out", and I just liked the looks of the Unlimited.

That being said, in this area, you don't see many h2s looking like Ruggedh2s. Looks great.

I think the h3 is a better comparison to the JK in terms of size, cost, etc and that race, is in my opinion not even close as to which one to go with.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Not a JK, but our Hemi'fied Brute.

Quick Reply: humm this