Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

How you like me now? Brawler Lite Installed

Old 08-20-2011, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
What's ironic about that Skid Row front plate is that I had just put on a full set of skids in June along with a 3" Teraflex lift and new wheels/tires and then decided last month to change out the bumpers. I was going to scrap the Skid Row plate and put on the PSC one. But, Rick at PSC talked witih my local 4x4 guy and said that for some reason the PSC front skids weren't fitting right on the 2011 JKs. So, my local guy managed to keep the Skid Row plate in there when he installed the front PSC bumper. Since I already had it there and PSC is telling us theirs won't fit quite right, we figured, WTF we'll just keep the Skid Row one for now. I might change it out later but it'll stay for now. Side benefit, you're right it's a bit cheaper than the PSC one, too.

BTW, I meant to thank you for your service in the Marines. I cannot believe the bravery of the young folks who are walking into recruiting offices and volunteering nowadays when the likelihood of deployment to combat locations is imminent. The 'Greatest Generation' from the '40s has nothing on you guys. Thanks!

Wow I didn't even know that about the skid and I almost ordered one at the same time.

Thanks for your service too, I joined to fight and get deployed. I am proud to say my younger cousin is 1-Wk in at Parris Island (Marine Corps Boot Camp) and he is going Infantry also
Old 08-20-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jason0341
Wow I didn't even know that about the skid and I almost ordered one at the same time.

Thanks for your service too, I joined to fight and get deployed. I am proud to say my younger cousin is 1-Wk in at Parris Island (Marine Corps Boot Camp) and he is going Infantry also
From what I understand they were working on a tweak to it so it might be all set now or soon. Best way to know would be to call Rick at PSC or maybe to inquire with the PSC guy on the boards. I think he's Dusty Sharp. Not sure if he posts on this forum but I see him on Wrangler Forum and MilitaryJeepers.com. I definitely would prefer the PSC one if it were available because I was told that it gives more protection.

I was on a sub so there were no bullets flying at me. I have many friends who serve/served as Marines and to a man they're genuinely brave people. Good luck to your cousin. Semper Fi!
Old 08-20-2011, 04:13 PM
JK Freak

Mine with the skid row skid.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1576697512.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	199905

Name:	image-3031092457.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	199907
Old 08-20-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 4WHLN
Mine with the skid row skid.

Attachment 199905

Attachment 199907
That looks very good. Did you plan to use the Skid Row plate when you did the PSC bumper and do them together or did you have the Skid Row plate first like I did and then just add the bumper?
Old 08-20-2011, 04:35 PM
JK Freak

I had it first. Lucked up I guess, only had to drill one hole to mount it to the bumper.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm leaning towards the same bumper. One question, sitting in the driver's seat, can you see the top of the light bar? I've been looking for something like a mini-stinger that could be seen by the driver, seems it would help with parking...
Old 08-20-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by LeftyStrat
I'm leaning towards the same bumper. One question, sitting in the driver's seat, can you see the top of the light bar? I've been looking for something like a mini-stinger that could be seen by the driver, seems it would help with parking...
Nope, can't see it.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by KCTW

Nope, can't see it.
X2 can't see the bar
Old 08-20-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Name:	IMG00442-20110820-1004.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	199963
Originally Posted by 4WHLN
X2 can't see the bar
I took this shot today as we were driving to Ma Bell and didn't notice the light bar at all. This is right out my windshield and the hood is right below the bottom of the photo frame.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:28 AM
JK Super Freak

looks good, one of the best looking front bumpers out there and psc makes good quality stuff! like the mesh in the grill as well, i should get off of my lazy arse and do that to mine. .

Quick Reply: How you like me now? Brawler Lite Installed